What's new

Can't reach firmware upgrade tab after firmware upgrade.

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

emperor

New Around Here
I have three RT-AC68U routers, where two of them act as AI Mesh nodes.
After a firmware upgrade, the main router no longer sees the the other nodes. Apart from that, internet access etc works fine.

If I try to go to the firmware update tab in the web gui, it immediately starts a "firmware upgrade", with the progress bar.
But it doesn't seem to actually do anything, as the router keeps the connection the whole time.
To make sure it's not the mesh clients that it tries to upgrade, I disconnected them. But the results are the same.

The firmware version reported at the top is:
Firmware Version: .386_49703
Doesn't it normally show the whole version?

If I look in the mobile app, it says:
3.0.0.4.386_49703

Any ideas? I prefer not to factory reset it, since I have lots of specific configurations, and the save settings seems broken too (tries to save a pdf???).

Can I downgrade by installing firmware from USB?

I have three RT-AC68U routers, where two of them act as AI Mesh nodes.
After a firmware upgrade, the main router no longer sees the the other nodes. Apart from that, internet access etc works fine.

If I try to go to the firmware update tab in the web gui, it immediately starts a "firmware upgrade", with the progress bar.
But it doesn't seem to actually do anything, as the router keeps the connection the whole time.
To make sure it's not the mesh clients that it tries to upgrade, I disconnected them. But the results are the same.

The firmware version reported at the top is:
Firmware Version: .386_49703
Doesn't it normally show the whole version?

If I look in the mobile app, it says:
3.0.0.4.386_49703

Any ideas? I prefer not to factory reset it, since I have lots of specific configurations, and the save settings seems broken too (tries to save a pdf???).

Can I downgrade by installing firmware from USB?

That router does not sound healthy. I think your goal should be to reset it, upload current firmware, reset it, and configure it from scratch.

Reset FAQ
Reset/Restore - clears settings in NVRAM; reboot restores fw defaults from CFE (fw defaults)
Hard Reset/Restore+Initialize - also clears data logged in /jffs partition (fw defaults+clear logs)
Restoration - uploads fw in Rescue Mode

Asuswrt should report like this:
1658326249993.png

Also, try a different browser/machine.

OE

Last edited:

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!