What's new

Changing DNS on GT-AX11000

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

howie411

Regular Contributor
Trying to turn off the Verizon FIOS DNS Assistance that redirects when you hit an invalid page. The directions say change the last # to 14 on both the Primary and Secondary DNS. On my GT-AX11000 under LAN if I turn off auto DNS both lines are blank. Checking IPCONFIG shows my primary DNS of 192.168.1.1. How can the primary DNS be an internal address? And how do I figure out what the real DNS its using is as well as the secondary one.

The directions say change the last # to 14 on both the Primary and Secondary DNS.
Go to the Network Map and click on the Internet "globe". The Internet Status panel will open on the right which will show you the current WAN DNS server(s).
Untitled.png
Take those addresses, change the last digit as instructed and use them in the manual WAN DNS settings

Slightly off topic, but does ASUS support DoH? (DNS over Https) Like Synology Routers?

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!