What's new

Channel Bandwidth

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

EPR

Occasional Visitor
Should my channel bandwidth remain as default, 2.4g on 20/40 mhz and 5g on 20/40/80 mhz? I have 160 mhz off since I live just outside the outter marker of a major airport, so I'll most likely will never get that.

Should I set 2.4g to 20 mhz and 5g to 80 mhz? Whats the difference between locking it to these vs the default various freqs?

Ok, I'll set that and let it roll and watch. Can you expand on my last question any? Thank you!

"Whats the difference between locking it to these vs the default various freqs?"

"Whats the difference between locking it to these vs the default various freqs?"
There's not a short explanation of that. What it does is slightly different for each band. It's also affected by the current channel and whether there are any other nearby access points. I think myself and others have made some lengthy posts about this in the past. It's not as straight forward as one might think.

Reactions: EPR
Ok, thank you for that. I have seen the 2.4g 20/40 setting change to 40 mhz before and seemed to not be as good in signal and speed as 20 mhz.