What's new

Charts

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Mediaman

Regular Contributor
Comment - What an incredible site. The more I explore, the more I smile ! I am most impressed.

Question - Been looking at the Router Charts, , not realizing there is also a set of Wireless Charts. What is the criteria for detemining whether a given piece of hardware would appear on one versus the other. I note some appear on one and not the other ; some on both.

Suggestion - As this all appears to be data-driven, can there not be a single user interface for the charts? ie As today. select the criteria to filter the the eqmt you want to see based on features, but add a "performance measure" filter/selection for the type of measure you want displayed.

Comment - What an incredible site. The more I explore, the more I smile ! I am most impressed.
Thanks. Don't keep us a secret. :)

Question - Been looking at the Router Charts, , not realizing there is also a set of Wireless Charts. What is the criteria for detemining whether a given piece of hardware would appear on one versus the other. I note some appear on one and not the other ; some on both.
Wireless routers should appear on both charts. Wired-only routers will appear on the Router Charts only. There may be some exceptions to this for older products.

Suggestion - As this all appears to be data-driven, can there not be a single user interface for the charts? ie As today. select the criteria to filter the the eqmt you want to see based on features, but add a "performance measure" filter/selection for the type of measure you want displayed.
That would be nice, but would basically require a complete rewrite of the application and probably database restructuring. Would make sense only for the router and wireless charts. NASes are different animals. At any rate, it's not in the cards for the foreseeable future. Sorry!

Chart links in the forums?

Would it be possible, Tim, to add links to the individual charts in the header for each forum related each hardware category?

Router charts in the router forum, etc?

This would certain increase the efficiency of researching the devices.

Would it be possible, Tim, to add links to the individual charts in the header for each forum related each hardware category?
Added to bottom of Quick Links pop-up menu.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!