What's new

Cheapest 2.5G switch (standard Ethernet, not SFP) for home network

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Draghmar

Occasional Visitor
Hi
I'm looking for switch that can handle 2.5G. It can be 10G overall but has to be able to properly handle 2.5G because that's what my home network will be. It can also be hybrid, where some ports are 1G but I need at least two to be 2.5G+. I prefer it to be unmanaged because I won't gain anything from being able to set it up myself but considering price being major factor here, if it has to be managed then I can live with that.
The only one I found that is really cheap (considering overall >1G hardware prices) is QSW-1105-5T from QNAP. I wonder though if there are some other devices? Maybe some used ones that I could look for? I don't mind using used ones or Chinese ones if there are some. I need it to be as cheap as possible ;) because I will have to buy two of them for very small network.
I tried to look myself but it's really hard to filter out all the listings if you don't know model number...

TP-LINK TL-SH1005 or​

TL-SH1008 5port 2.5G or 8 port 2.5G unmanage switch​

Attachments

• O1CN01iH33dH1TsBsXMTmzW_!!2201492437.jpg
    O1CN01iH33dH1TsBsXMTmzW_!!2201492437.jpg
    242.1 KB · Views: 156
The TP-Link TL-SG108-M2 and TL-SG105-M2 are 8 and 5 port 2.5GbE unmanaged switches. They are already available in some countries in Europe and are probably the global version of the switches mentioned by mysy
TRENDnet also announced their equivalent products recently: TEG-S380 and TEG-S350.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!