What's new

Cisco NSS324

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

pwald

New Around Here
Hi Tim,
A question about the hard drives for these Cisco NSS units. On the Cisco site Samsung is not listed as a compatible vendor, so it's interesting to see these units ship with their drives. The F3 1TB consumner drive is listed as HD103SJ, and the F1 RAID drive is HE103UJ. I can't find any HE103SJ. Can you confirm which drive this unit shipped with from Cisco? Thanks

Sorry for the typo. The drives are HD103SJ, Spinpoint F3s.

So cisco is shipping consumer drives in these units? Least they could do for the money they demand is give you enterprise drives.

It does say something about the quality of Samsung F3's if Cisco chose those.

So cisco is shipping consumer drives in these units? Least they could do for the money they demand is give you enterprise drives.

It does say something about the quality of Samsung F3's if Cisco chose those.
Thanks Tim. I agree that this is really interesting and makes the "roll your own" approach look a LOT more appealing

My NSS324 came with 4 2TB WD20EVDS Green drives, all made in April 2010. I suspect these drives aren't as reliable as the Samsung F3's, but I don't know for sure. At least I was able to disable Intellipark and enable TLER on them, although the NAS probably ignores TLER.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!