What's new

Cisco RV082 and RV016 v3 VPN Routers Reviewed

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

U

Unregistered

"The RV0XXes also don't support multiple subnets, which more advanced networks might need."

This is stated in Rv082 avd RV016 v3 devices (page 2, last row).

At least in RV042 V3, firmware 4.0.0.07, which I have plenty, there is "multiple subnets" option in Network - Setup, and is working.

Best regards,
Catalin

Interesting

My new RV082 V3 just arrived today. I'm a bit swamped but should have it deployed within the next 30 days. I 'll post here again when I have developed some impressions on the unit and how it performs.

Looks like a lot of people on Amazon are complaining that they did not get v3 when they ordered it, but got the old version....

It sucks, stay away until Cisco fixes it.

I fought with the RV082 V3 for a month. The VPN implementation was terrible. The overall performance was average at best.

Cisco offerd to buy it back.

We purchased a Zyxel USG 200. Although it was more difficult to set up, it blew the RV082 out of the water.

Fast, Stable and working great. I should warn you that we are not using any of the paid features available on the Zyxel USG 200. We do use the free spam filtering module and over 20 of the VPN connections.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!