What's new

Cisco RV320 - New version of RV042G

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

tcviper

Occasional Visitor
Hello all,

Today I ordered a RV320 router by Cisco, which seems to be the new version of the RV042/G and I cant wait to let you all know how it works.

Main Features:
- Dual Gigabit WAN (Load balancing/Failover)
- USB for Storage and/or 3G/4G Backup line
- Gigabit switch (LAN)
- SSL VPN and site-to-site VPN
- Stateful packet inspection (SPI) firewall and hardware encryption, DoS protection
- IPv4 and IPv6 support
- DHCP Server, DHCP Relay
- NAT, PAT, One-to-One NAT, Nat Traversal
- The new GUI from Cisco

Has anyone else tested it yet?

http://www.ciscosblaunchpad.com/rv320-dual-gigabit-wan-vpn-router

Last edited:
Hello all,

Today I ordered a RV320 router by Cisco, which seems to be the new version of the RV042/G and I cant wait to let you all know how it works.

Main Features:
- Dual Gigabit WAN (Load balancing/Failover)
- USB for Storage and/or 3G/4G Backup line
- Gigabit switch (LAN)
- SSL VPN and site-to-site VPN
- Stateful packet inspection (SPI) firewall and hardware encryption, DoS protection
- IPv4 and IPv6 support
- DHCP Server, DHCP Relay
- NAT, PAT, One-to-One NAT, Nat Traversal
- The new GUI from Cisco

Has anyone else tested it yet?

http://www.ciscosblaunchpad.com/rv320-dual-gigabit-wan-vpn-router

Let's hope it is RV042G replacement.

I replaced my old router/switch combination late last year with Cisco RV220 and SG300 switch. I initially ordered RV042G but had to exchange it for RV220 because RV042G lacked support for 802.1q VLAN..

Nice to see RV320 VLAN support.

Last edited:
Got the device today. Setup took about 10 minutes and I was up and running, very amazed by the GUI which works really well.

Im using it with Dual Wan load balancing and One to One NAT for multiple ip's externally on the first Wan, which works like a charm.

Throughput has been very high, going over 900mb/s for me while I had to disable SPI (under firewall) as some images took a long time to load/google.com took like 40 seconds sometimes, with that disabled it flies.

Last edited:
Got the device today. Setup took about 10 minutes and I was up and running, very amazed by the GUI which works really well.

Im using it with Dual Wan load balancing and One to One NAT for multiple ip's externally on the first Wan, which works like a charm.

Hi tcviper

I would like to do the same but didn't find howto !
My isp provides me a /29 subnet and i setted up One to One NAT just like you but probably I missed something because i cant'get it working

PLEASE HELP
Serge

What exactly do you not get to work?
Is your internet working at all? is the LAN configured?

wan ip range

Yes obviously everything is working pretty good !
Vpns are stable & easy to set up even backup vpn !
I'm quite satisfied but i would like to use One to One Nat just like you describe with an ip segment provided by my isp
you told it's working on Wan1, is it possible only on Wan1 ?

Last edited:
I simply put in the External IP and the Internal IP i want it attached to, thats it. Works instantly.

Ok tcviper

My RV320 is connected with two isps in PPOE, one of them provides me a fixed IP + a subnet /29 (8 ip routable)

I can't activate the DMZ because I need the second port as Wan2.

Can you confirm that it's the same for you, I mean, you don't use the second port as DMZ, do you ?

Second point, the only thing to do, to use your routable adresses was to establish the correspondance table into One2One Nat, nothing else like activate the mode router in Advanced Routing for example or anything else...

Third : The Isp providing you the routable adresses is connected in PPOE with just a user and PW ?

No i dont use DMZ, i have Static IP on WAN1 and Dynamic on WAN2.

Noop the only thing i did is literally drop it in the One to One NAT section.
I dont use PPOE, no user/password, just as is with static ip's.

WAN1 = Fiber, WAN2 = Cable for me.

OK I see...

I suppose that you have another router in front of your RV320 for WAN1 at last... and i guess also for Wan2 !

In that case the routable segment is produced by the Isp's front router...and directly usable by your Cisco in ono2one Nat

Am I right ?