What's new

Cisco WAP571 Firmware

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

jasonreg

Regular Contributor
So, every so often I check for firmware updates and I noticed that while I was using firmware version 1.1.0.4 for WAP571 when I check the downloads section the latest release is showing as 1.1.0.3. When I check "All Release" section there is even a 1.1.0.5 version. Thoughts on what is happening and which version I should be using? I do not have a particular issue to resolve but I do try to keep things up to date.

1610645263047.png

read the release notes.
It may be to solve specific issue rather than a general need or security update

First thing I tried actually. Interestingly the release notes are from 1.0.x.x versions and are not updated. Very strange - hence my post.

i would wait until release notes are issued and the version is in the "latest" released folder unless told by tech support otherwise.

Yes, that makes sense for sure. Interesting though that even the release notes for the "latest" version reflect old 1.0.x.x versions. Also, pretty sure I would only have upgraded to 1.1.0.4 as a current version - curious that is seems to have rolled back to 1.1.0.3 for some reason.

So now I am really confused. The downloads page has been updated it seems and Version 1.1.0.4 is now listed as "Latest Release" and 1.1.0.5 is gone from "All Releases". Still no release notes. Almost comical.

I have 1.1.0.5 on all three WAP571 AP's for more than half a year so it is not very new. Seems fine to me. I actually was wondering if there will still be firmware updates for it. after 1.1.0.5. I do have to admit though that i always wondered why "latest firmware" indicated 1.1.0.3 and when going into all releases, it showed 1.1.0.5

1611490716062.png

I just had a look. it is still there.

1611491192779.png

Last edited: