What's new

Client List continually logs out of interface

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Can you post the last couple of entries from that log? Also, does the syslog show a logout?

Can you post the last couple of entries from that log? Also, does the syslog show a logout?

When I click on Client list it keeps scrolling the attached in the debug. Then when it logs me out the debug log clears out.

This is the only thing showing in the syslog
Code:
Aug  1 05:59:59 dropbear[14972]: Child connection from *.*.*.*:64440
Aug  1 05:59:59 dropbear[14972]: Exit before auth: Exited normally
Aug  1 13:00:00 ntp: start NTP update

Attachments

• debug2.PNG
    debug2.PNG
    5.1 KB · Views: 317
the debug2.png is cutoff, can you widen it to show the whole thing? also, to have it not reset you would need to check the box to preserve the log so it doesnt reset on each new page. Just throwing something out there, but what would happen if you disabled ipv6 on the router and tried?

the debug2.png is cutoff, can you widen it to show the whole thing? also, to have it not reset you would need to check the box to preserve the log so it doesnt reset on each new page. Just throwing something out there, but what would happen if you disabled ipv6 on the router and tried?

IPv6 is already disabled on the router. I attached some bigger screens of the debug log. Hopefully there is something useful there.

Attachments

• debug001.PNG
    debug001.PNG
    69.3 KB · Views: 287
  • debug002.PNG
    debug002.PNG
    144.7 KB · Views: 602
Are you running an anti-virus suite that includes network protection? If so, try disabling it and see if things change.

are you using custom names for any of your clients via manually assigned dhcp numbers? to me it appears that get_client_detail_info function or parsing of the result of that function is perhaps crapping out

are you using custom names for any of your clients via manually assigned dhcp numbers? to me it appears that get_client_detail_info function or parsing of the result of that function is perhaps crapping out

I did at one point and time. However, I have no way of clearing them out. The list under DHCP is empty, so I have no way of deleting any of the names.

Are you running an anti-virus suite that includes network protection? If so, try disabling it and see if things change.

On the router? Not currently.

ok, just out of curiosity, can you disconnect those clients that are showing up as blank from the router and try again?

On the router? Not currently.
No, not on the router, on the host PC. I know you are running in a VM, but not sure if it still could somehow play a role. At least one of your posts seemed to show it spinning on an AJAX call to update the client icons.

out of curiosity, what VM are you using and are the blank entries related to the VM interfaces?

No, not on the router, on the host PC. I know you are running in a VM, but not sure if it still could somehow play a role. At least one of your posts seemed to show it spinning on an AJAX call to update the client icons.

No 3rd party Anti Virus suites installed. The physical PC does run malwarebytes, but none of the VM's are.

The icons rarely properly show up. Sometimes if I hover over it or have time to click on the client will it pop up.

out of curiosity, what VM are you using and are the blank entries related to the VM interfaces?

They are Windows 10 and Server 2012 VM's. The blank interfaces are the servers BMC and the ESXi host.

Last edited:
ok, just out of curiosity, can you disconnect those clients that are showing up as blank from the router and try again?

I'm able to shut the server down remotely, but I would have to unplug it to remove the actual server BMC from being connected still.

im just thinking that the blank entries are causing the issue. Im not sure why your win10 machine would show blank, does it not have a host name and what is the type of machine/nic? Is the win10 machine also running the esx VM? I dont have an esxi host to play with, I either use hyper-v or virtualbox. I have my adapter set up as natted so it isnt an issue, Im thinking that you have yours set up as something else (host/bridged)?

im just thinking that the blank entries are causing the issue. Im not sure why your win10 machine would show blank, does it not have a host name and what is the type of machine/nic? Is the win10 machine also running the esx VM? I dont have an esxi host to play with, I either use hyper-v or virtualbox. I have my adapter set up as natted so it isnt an issue, Im thinking that you have yours set up as something else (host/bridged)?

The blank host names is from the actual server (ESXi) and the BMC port on the server. All the VM's show a host name (though 1 shows incorrectly for some reason). To be clear, ESXi is the OS running on the server itself from a USB. The NIC's are all Intel.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!