What's new

clients

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

nlehrer54

Occasional Visitor
hi.

the asus manual for my rt-ac1900p says you can block a client:
"To manage your network clients:
1. From the navigation panel, go to General > Network Map tab.
2. On the Network Map screen, select the Client Status icon to
display your network client’s information.
3. To block a client’s access to your network, select the client and
click block."

but i don't see how to do that in my 384.9 merlin install3.

my samsung galaxy s6 is not showing up in my client list. it is connected to my 5 Ghz network

thanks to mr. merlin for this great sw.

Are you blocking a client from connecting at all or are you looking to simply isolate a client to the internet and not have access to your internal network?

Are you blocking a client from connecting at all or are you looking to simply isolate a client to the internet and not have access to your internal network?

I was reading the asus manual and tracking features to merlin. It was interesting and i couldn't find it in the merlin interface.

So you’re just exploeing the features rather than intending to block?

Under Clients on the Network page, DON’T click View List. but click the round blue button with the monitor icon above it. Client status pops up to the right of the screen. Now click on the icon on the left of the device. You should get a pop up containing Block Internet Access, Time Scheduling, MAC and IP Binding and a wee bit more, including changing the icon. Enjoy.

I just discovered that changing the device icon causes a reboot, so if you’re doing it remotely over OpenVPN (as I was), maybe you’d want to wait till you get home. It’s a nervous minute whilst you wait to see if you’ve broken something.

Last edited:
I just discovered that changing the device icon causes a reboot

To be more accurate, changes there will generate a restart of the entire network stack, not the router itself.

It's something that's been on my ToDO list forever, as I'm sure Asus were a bit overzealous in doing that...

To be more accurate, changes there will generate a restart of the entire network stack, not the router itself.

It's something that's been on my ToDO list forever, as I'm sure Asus were a bit overzealous in doing that...

I’m glad I didn’t know that for that minute whilst I was waiting to see if I’d lost OpenVPN for the next 3 months till I get back home. I should follow my own maxim: if it ain’t broke don’t fix it.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!