What's new

Cloudflare DDNS 388.6

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

joe2l

New Around Here
Is anyone else experiencing issues with DDNS updating using Cloudflare with the 388.6 update on Asus-Merlin?

Shortly after I updated to 388.6 I noticed my DDNS status read "Unable to connect to Internet" I checked a few threads and found some custom scripts. I tried one and got "Registration was successful!" which I thought it was working at that point.

However, this past Sunday morning not only did the clocks change, but my IP Address changed as well and I got an email from StatusCake that my router and server were down. I checked, and my IP Address changed but Cloudflare was not updated.

I tried other custom scripts but Cloudflare was not updating. I reverted back to the In-A-Dyn script which resulted in the "Unable to connect to Internet" error even after going to 388.6-2.

Finally, I reverted back to 388.5 and while my router was booting back up from the firmware install, I got an email from StatusCake that my router and server were back online. I checked and Cloudflare had my new IP Address.

Has anyone else experienced this with 388.6 and more importantly, has anyone found a solution?

What does the system log say?

DDNS issue was due to a change in SSL certificate storage location.
You need to toggle the SSL to auto- then APPLY.
AFTERWARDS, bring it back to earlier status.

Known matter, and resolved quickly.

Thank you!

My SSL was already set to auto. I went digging through the forum and found my solution on the release thread:

"If you create a custom inadyn.conf, then you must also provide the path to the CA bundle.

Code:
ca-trust-file = /etc/ssl/certs/ca-certificates.crt
"

Now my inadyn.conf file is as follows and it worked:

Code:
# Create a unique custom API token with the following permissions:
# -> Zone.Zone - Read, Zone.DNS - Edit.
provider cloudflare.com {
    username = redacted
    password = redacted
    hostname = redacted
    ttl = 1 # optional, value of 1 is 'automatic'.
    proxied = false # optional.
}

Last edited:
Thank you!

My SSL was already set to auto. I went digging through the forum and found my solution on the release thread:

"If you create a custom inadyn.conf, then you must also provide the path to the CA bundle.

Code:
"

Now my inadyn.conf file is as follows and it worked:

Code:
# Create a unique custom API token with the following permissions:
# -> Zone.Zone - Read, Zone.DNS - Edit.
provider cloudflare.com {
    username = redacted
    password = redacted
    hostname = redacted
    ttl = 1 # optional, value of 1 is 'automatic'.
    proxied = false # optional.
    checkip-command = "/usr/sbin/nvram get wan0_ipaddr"
}

As mentioned, changed in ASUS last 388 6.
All's well that ends well.