What's new

Cloudflare Warp Plugin (Request/Question)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

S.claus

Regular Contributor
Would it be possible to make a Cloudflare Warp (Cloudflare VPN service) plugin work on the Asus router? I have seen people run it on Mac, Windows, and Linux so I see it as possible but I don't have the skills to write a plugin like that.

Unlikely to happen anytime soon because Warp uses the WireGuard protocol which is not supported on ASUS routers due to hardware limitations across almost every model. Recent releases of OpenWRT and DD-Wrt firmware support WireGuard client mode. That would be your best option.

Unlikely to happen anytime soon because Warp uses the WireGuard protocol which is not supported on ASUS routers due to hardware limitations across almost every model. Recent releases of OpenWRT and DD-Wrt firmware support WireGuard client mode. That would be your best option.
I wouldn't trade Merlin for any other FW. I'm hoping somewhere in the future it will become possible but for now, I am completely happy with my normal VPN setup and Merlin.