What's new

Collection of ASUS router icons

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

And, if you use the Asus router app you can take a picture of the device with the phone or tablet, via the Asus app, and upload that to the router for a custom icon.

Has anyone come across this issue before?Custom device icons not displaying correctly in the app but shows up correctly when logged in from the web UI.
[RT-AC86U]

I updated every single device with custom icons for easy recognition. I did this from the mobile app and everything looked good and worked fine for about couple of days.

However randomly the mobile app reverted back to old default icons where as web UI still displays the custom device icons I uploaded earlier.

I cleared cache, restarted the mobile app but didn't seem to fix.

To be safe, I formatted the jffs and USB drive completely and readded the icons which once again worked for a day and a half but then the mobile app icons reverted back to default but the web UI still shows the correct custom device icons.

Any advice?

Has anyone come across this issue before?Custom device icons not displaying correctly in the app but shows up correctly when logged in from the web UI.
[RT-AC86U]

I updated every single device with custom icons for easy recognition. I did this from the mobile app and everything looked good and worked fine for about couple of days.

However randomly the mobile app reverted back to old default icons where as web UI still displays the custom device icons I uploaded earlier.

I cleared cache, restarted the mobile app but didn't seem to fix.

To be safe, I formatted the jffs and USB drive completely and readded the icons which once again worked for a day and a half but then the mobile app icons reverted back to default but the web UI still shows the correct custom device icons.

Any advice?
Go back to Asus factory firmware. There is a Beta for the AC86U that is pretty good.

Look in Asuswrt forum, the RC3 beta thread. The download links are there. The firmware is legitimate, coming from Asus. It does work very well on AC86U indeed.

Thank you Blinton for your great additional icons. Here are a few more colour ones to use. I am running Firmware Version 3.0.0.4.388_22048 on my ASUS DXL-AX82U Modem Router and using the V1.0.0.8.14 Android ASUS Router App on my phone,and these and Blinton's icons work fine with both.

Attachments

• solar.png
    solar.png
    21.8 KB · Views: 148
  • retic2.png
    retic2.png
    42.5 KB · Views: 138
  • retic.png
    retic.png
    11.3 KB · Views: 153
  • NAS.png
    NAS.png
    15.2 KB · Views: 198
  • HDTV.png
    HDTV.png
    55.3 KB · Views: 182
Last edited:
And a few more. If anyone would like a few other coloured icons just let me know and I will see what I can do.

Attachments

• VOIP.png
    VOIP.png
    11.3 KB · Views: 127
  • VOIP2.png
    VOIP2.png
    43.7 KB · Views: 101
  • VOIP3.png
    VOIP3.png
    24.4 KB · Views: 99
  • bluray.png
    bluray.png
    12.1 KB · Views: 117
  • AVR.png
    AVR.png
    10 KB · Views: 138
Last edited:
A few more because, why not to cover windows and android devices and a screen shot showing them in use in my router

Attachments

• android.png
    android.png
    40 KB · Views: 168
  • windows.png
    windows.png
    26.3 KB · Views: 180
  • windows2.png
    windows2.png
    79.1 KB · Views: 150
  • tablet.png
    tablet.png
    28.6 KB · Views: 176
  • InUse.png
    InUse.png
    38.2 KB · Views: 160
Last edited:
Hi @blinton , very cool post.. To have some consistency with iconography is a blessing when managing many devices/machines..
I really like your icons, both the monochrome and the coloured icons look sweet!.

IDK if your taking submission for future icon requests? :)

If you are please add any of the following to your git repo:

"Asustor" Logo NAS
"Proxmox" Logo / Hypervisor/PVE Virtualisation.
"Citrix"
"VMware \ vSphere | vCenter" Logo(s) Hypervisor virt...

"Docker" | "Portainer" | "Caddy" | "Kubernetes" | "NGINX" for Containers\Microservices\Apps.
"Netgear" Logo for Netgear core Switches

"Intel" Machines
"AMD" Machines
"Radeon" for GPU miners

"Baitman" | "Antminer" ASIC Miner logo
"Reolink" CCTV NVR

Just a few suggestions.. Great work Thanks!!!!

Oh yeah, Works great on RT-AX89X, No issues, I have about 40+ devices connected using your custom icons..

Hi @blinton , very cool post.. To have some consistency with iconography is a blessing when managing many devices/machines..
I really like your icons, both the monochrome and the coloured icons look sweet!.

"Asustor" Logo NAS
"Citrix"

"Docker" | "Portainer" | "Caddy" | "Kubernetes" | "NGINX" for Containers\Microservices\Apps.

"Intel" Machines
"AMD" Machines
"Radeon" for GPU miners

"Reolink" CCTV NVR

Oh yeah, Works great on RT-AX89X, No issues, I have about 40+ devices connected using your custom icons..
There's instructions on the github page how to make your own. Why not give it a go? You can find out your own images with Google.

"Asustor" Logo NAS
"Citrix"

"Intel" Machines
"AMD" Machines
"Radeon" for GPU miners

"Reolink" CCTV NVR

Here are a few for you

Attachments

• asustor.png
    asustor.png
    25 KB · Views: 114
  • AMD.png
    AMD.png
    15.2 KB · Views: 86
  • Netgear.png
    Netgear.png
    32.3 KB · Views: 92
  • proxmox.png
    proxmox.png
    27.4 KB · Views: 91
  • radeon.png
    radeon.png
    105.3 KB · Views: 97
Can these be easily backed up and restored after router reset or firmware update?
They are png image files so haveing a copy is easy enough. They would not be kept after a router reset as that woiuld default to factory, but in teh case of a firmware upgrade they hopefully are cached. An update has not become available since I have uploaded these to my router to test this.

Can these be easily backed up and restored after router reset or firmware update?
If one is using Asus-Merlin firmware and one is running YazDHCP developer version it is possible one may possibly be able to backup (and restore) custom icons (at least those used for DHCP). See the following post and those after it for more:
https://www.snbforums.com/threads/y...f-dhcp-reservations.69247/page-15#post-836929

There may be other ways to backup the custom icon files.

I tried to add a custom icon to one of my devices. I "uploaded" the icon, and it showed on that configuration screen for the device. But when I click apply, it goes back to the original icon in the list of devices. This is on an AC68U with latest stock firmware.