What's new

Complain here about Tapatalk removal

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.

thiggins

Mr. Easy
Staff member
By popular request.

Everyone who wants to complain about my decision to no longer support Tapatalk on SNBForums is welcome to post here.
It will not change my decision.

Keep it clean and respect each other's opinions.

Personal attacks will not be tolerated and result in immediate ban.

I'd like to add my request to restore Tapatalk access. Reasons: notifications and all my forums visited were all in one place until Sunday. Thanks for asking.

The most important advantage of Tapatalk is instant push notifications, I use it 100% of the time to browse this forum and from last two days I was pretty shocked that how is it possible that there's no activity on the forum in last 48 hours because I haven't received a single push notification until I opened the app and found out it's no longer working :(

Second advantage is proper dark mode on mobile.

Can't you just enable the plug-in again for those of us who wishes to use Tapatalk?

I couldn’t agree more. I used Tapatalk quite a bit andI found it a lot easier to go through the new and all threads/posts in general and felt that I kept up with them better. And yes I am very big on the Dark mode which I used with Tapatalk as I find that I am getting older and my eyes no longer stand the glare from any bright screens.

It would be great for us to be able to use this app once again.

Aside from being what you are accustomed to, are there any advantages to using Tapatalk vs. the new format?

For me it was one place that I had to go for, for multiple forums. And I could more easily go to my subscribed snb forums/threads. Probably not because it was that user friendly but because it was the same for every other forum. I mostly read this forum on a android tablet. As workaround I created short cuts to go directly to the watch forums or threads. I can't really compliment you on the update because I don't remember how it was before:).... Maybe just one stupid request... Can the site icon be made round instead of a square so the shortcuts looks nicer when making a shortcut on a android launcher?

The autocorrect thing is something Xenforo's test input field is doing to confuse the phone's built in autocorrect. It's a bug!
If you have an iPhone, attempt to write a post with it - it's next to impossible. I'll make a screen share video if you want.

To everything else, disappointing I guess.

What figure would it take to have you consider re-adding Tapatalk? I find it so invaluable I am very willing to throw cash at the problem - annually (I'd think many others would also be willing to pay to cover it's inclusion). Hit me with a number!

OK so because of the lack of push notifications, and the apparent 51 minute delay between you posting and me getting an email telling me only about your above reply and for some reason NOT your reply in my other thread (not great is it!), I realise my above is at odds with your other reply which I had not seen or read.

None the less, I still want to know what figure it would take, I don't care if Tapatalk tracks my activity, it's an awesome way to browse forums and can never be replaced with a website.

@JDB I tried doing a post with my iPhone and had no problem with either auto-cap or auto-correct.

There is no figure. Tapatalk is not coming back.

Well that is a very sad and misguided decision. It is clearly a revenue driven decision (which I understand), and yet the offer to replace the revenue is ignored. I would have genuinely sent you $1000 to make it happen (Yes 3 zeros!).

I for one will not be frequenting the forum to offer support anymore. I will only be using it to take guidance from, not offer it, as I don’t have any inclination to use this interface unless I must.
It’s a shame I have to use this forum for Merlin support and he doesn’t have his own site, else tbh I would be gone entirely.

And auto correct etc is still messed up for me!

Well that is a very sad and misguided decision. It is clearly a revenue driven decision (which I understand), and yet the offer to replace the revenue is ignored. I would have genuinely sent you $1000 to make it happen (Yes 3 zeros!).

I for one will not be frequenting the forum to offer support anymore. I will only be using it to take guidance from, not offer it, as I don’t have any inclination to use this interface unless I must.
It’s a shame I have to use this forum for Merlin support and he doesn’t have his own site, else tbh I would be gone entirely.
Do what you must. But if you're willing to pay $1000 for the benefit of Merlin's support, I suggest you pay it directly to him.

Do what you must. But if you're willing to pay $1000 for the benefit of Merlin's support, I suggest you pay it directly to him.
The figure was based on it being paid on behalf of all the Tapatalk users on this forum so they can all continue to use it - nothing to do with Merlin.

I finally got around to working out why tapatalk stopped working with this forum.
Now I am here to vote for adding tapatalk support back. I have no intention to regularly open snbforums in a browser.

Jeez. How many times. Tim said ‘Tapatalk is not coming back’.
Enough already.
What do you expect? It is functionality that worked for a lot of years. People are used to it, and suddenly its gone. Maybe more people where using this forum this way then expected. The thread that was there is closed so people go to other threads. Why can't people have an opinion about this?

We’re all guests in Tim’s forums. He lets us visit as much as we want for free, and doesn’t even seem to get very mad when most of us are usually running adblockers on our routers and/or browsers. So he’s not in this for the money.

I was never a Tapatalk user, so my emotional involvement is very low on this topic. But I appreciate being able to visit here every day, knowing that the hosting expenses are probably non-trivial given the popularity of these forums.

I don’t consider this site a democracy when we use it for free and rely on the kindness of Tim for our never-ending virtual party. Only one vote matters in the end.

If you look back at the original thread you will read that I too was a big fan of Tapatalk and was disappointed at its demise on these forums. I found it ultra convenient, especially as I also used Tapatalk on other forums too. However, having said that, times change and we have to adapt. I now no longer have Tapatalk installed on my devices

Having said all that, Tim has made it perfectly clear it will not be returning. To that end, there is no point in complaining any more. It is a done deal, it is no more, it is a dead plugin. Not coming back. The end.

Yes but you where able to give your opinion in that original thread. And yes we are guest here, and I'm happy this forum exists. Also I respect that it is Tim his final decision. I don't think it was wise to close the original thread.

We’re all guests in Tim’s forums. He lets us visit as much as we want for free, and doesn’t even seem to get very mad when most of us are usually running adblockers on our routers and/or browsers. So he’s not in this for the money.

I was never a Tapatalk user, so my emotional involvement is very low on this topic. But I appreciate being able to visit here every day, knowing that the hosting expenses are probably non-trivial given the popularity of these forums.

I don’t consider this site a democracy when we use it for free and rely on the kindness of Tim for our never-ending virtual party. Only one vote matters in the end.

I fully respect that, but wouldn't Tim want to know what kind of impact a decision can be. Or am I over exaggerating here? :)

I fully respect that, but wouldn't Tim want to know what kind of impact a decision can be. Or am I over exaggerating here? :)
I’m not speaking for him (obviously), but if he really wanted to know, he would have asked BEFORE the upgrade. :)

Perhaps you should turn this around and think about the "impact" providing the forum and all it offers has upon the admin.

Apart from that I am amazed that the so called tech savvy folk here would even want such an option given the fuss we get here about privacy .

Just a few links to read through .

Perhaps you should turn this around and think about the "impact" providing the forum and all it offers has upon the admin.

Apart from that I am amazed that the so called tech savvy folk here would even want such an option given the fuss we get here about privacy .

Just a few links to read through .

These are the arguments I would expect here. But I don't think people should tell other people to shut up. That will never work if some functionality was part of maybe a daily routine checking this forum. That is more my point. As I am still using this forum I can live with this decision and if I couldn't it's too bad for me than.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!