What's new

Connecting 2 VLANS for 2 Guest Wifi

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

OK, mine works with 8.

Have you tested for any performance problems as they were reported later on that thread? Try streaming some video over the guests wlans.

OK, mine works with 8.

Have you tested for any performance problems as they were reported later on that thread? Try streaming some video over the guests wlans.
Not yet, just happy to get connected, ill switch guest 1 to 8 and see if there is a difference, i saw 7 and 8 in various posts so i just tried the lowest number first, I also found a post with someone with close to the same setup and they turned on a few other things, sorry I dont remember what they were off the top of my head, but they had to do with VLANs. One thing in their script that was very different to ours was the vconfig, instead of adding the VLAN to an eth interface it was added to the guest wifi. Ill try that after testing performance if there are issues.

OK, mine works with 8.

Still testing, 8 works better then 7, the guest I left on 7 would have random auth issues while guest on 8 always connects.

Not yet, just happy to get connected, ill switch guest 1 to 8 and see if there is a difference, i saw 7 and 8 in various posts so i just tried the lowest number first, I also found a post with someone with close to the same setup and they turned on a few other things, sorry I dont remember what they were off the top of my head, but they had to do with VLANs. One thing in their script that was very different to ours was the vconfig, instead of adding the VLAN to an eth interface it was added to the guest wifi. Ill try that after testing performance if there are issues.
NVM resolve it.

I have been running speed tests and so far on the main guest download looks good, but cant complete the upload portion of any of the speed tests.

EDIT: Upload may be due to my FW. I am about to try instead of connecting the VLAN to an eth interface, try connecting it to the main guest net and see what that does as I am just curious why that person did it. I am leaving guest net 2 as is.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!