What's new

Connecting to VPN server with an Android native client

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Ozymandyus

Occasional Visitor
Good day, folks! At work we're running an IPSec VPN on a Cisco RV345 that remote laptop users connect to with the Shrewsoft client using a pre-shared key. No issues with it at all, everyone has no problem connecting. For a few of our sales team that travel internationally, I had wanted to setup their mobile phones (Pixel 2s running Android Pie) to connect via the native Android client as well, but to date have not had much luck. From my research, it appears that the native client has a particular IPSec profile it's expecting to use (which is not configurable in the client), and of course I have been unable to find any documentation as to what these parameters might be.

If anyone knows or could point me to the configuration parameters for IPSec profile that the Android client is expecting, I'd appreciate it. To date I found just one article that looked promising, here: https://www.watchguard.com/help/doc...n-US/mvpn/ipsec/mvpn_ipsec_android_vpn_c.html , but the settings they laid out did not work either. Alternatively, if someone could recommend a third-party Android client that would be more configurable, that would work too.