What's new

Connection to AiMesh node degrades over time

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Kanji-San

Regular Contributor
The connection to my AiMesh node gets worse within a few days. Clients connected to the node, via WiFi or Ethernet, have much slower and inconsistent SpeedTest results (down from 250Mbit/s to 30Mbit/s), pauses in VoIP applications such as WiFi calling or Google Voice every second, and sluggish web browsing. Rebooting the node solves this problem for a few days. It's definitely not WiFi-related, it stays strong. Clients connected directly to the router, WiFi or Ethernet, are unaffected. It's only when connected to the AiMesh node.

Has anyone experienced anything similar? Any idea how to further debug this?

Are you using a wireless or wired backhaul? If wireless, I'm thinking there is something going on in your radio environment.

Are both 2.4 Ghz and 5Ghz clients having trouble on the node? Not everyone likes auto chanel yet it can help in an congested environment, particularly on the 2.4 Ghz band.

Morris

Are you using a wireless or wired backhaul? If wireless, I'm thinking there is something going on in your radio environment.

Are both 2.4 Ghz and 5Ghz clients having trouble on the node? Not everyone likes auto chanel yet it can help in an congested environment, particularly on the 2.4 Ghz band.

Morris
It's wired backhaul. It's not related to WiFi, also wired clients have the problem.

It's wired backhaul. It's not related to WiFi, also wired clients have the probl

That sounds like a broadcast storm or infected computer. Possibly a multicast issue if you have multicast application(s). Look at the activity lights on the node the next time this happens. Are any more active than others? Look at what's on that port or wireless channel

Good luck

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!