What's new

Connections dropping on 378.50

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

ingenium

Occasional Visitor
I'm using 378.50 on an AC66U. The router seems to dropping connections often, even over ethernet. When I SSH into the router, the connection drops (Timeout, server 192.168.42.1 not responding) after about a minute or so, even in the middle of typing a command, so it's not a keepalive issue. I factory reset after updating to 378.50 and manually reconfigured everything.

This may also be related, but IPv6 doesn't work half the time on Comcast. It's like all the devices "forget" their IPv6 configuration and nothing over IPv6 works after a period of time.

Might be related to the problem I posted in the 378.50 topic.

Merlin answered that he will probably revert to an older version of the AC66U driver in future firmwares.

Do you have a link to the post? Or at least what page it's on? It's a pretty long thread.

Edit: Nevermind, I found your post. This is all happening over ethernet, so the wifi driver shouldn't be affecting it.

Last edited:
Might be related to the problem I posted in the 378.50 topic.

Merlin answered that he will probably revert to an older version of the AC66U driver in future firmwares.

Can you link the post where he stats this, and the discussion on using an older version?

Bad Ethernet cables and USB disk related issues would be the most common causes of such issues IMHO.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Bad Ethernet cables and USB disk related issues would be the most common causes of such issues IMHO.
Hi,

On top: A bad connection can also be a problem - make sure all cables are well connected.
Somtimes the LAN cable lock does not work propably and then the contact become loose.

With kind regards
Joe :cool:

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!