What's new

Considering a Synology Router

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I understand Synology has two models, 1900 and 2600, and I wanted to find out since I am new to Synology, would it be worth buying the 1900 or spend the extra money and buy the 2600. Also, I understand, either router may or may not, do what I am asking it to do. Since there is no demo for the Synology router, I wanted to get a idea from users who already own this router of the features and what is it capable of doing.
I bought the rt1900 a few weeks ago, it handles everything fine (40+ devices)... wish I had a little more range on 5Ghz, but I think thats same with every router, unless you go mesh. I really like the SRM UI, and they seem to be actively updating the firmware which is the same for both models. would like to have purchased the more expensive unit, figured I wouldn't notice the performance difference. I had issues with Linksys and Asus prior as I recently returned 2 high end models before I got synology.

I bought the rt1900 a few weeks ago, it handles everything fine (40+ devices)... wish I had a little more range on 5Ghz, but I think thats same with every router, unless you go mesh. I really like the SRM UI, and they seem to be actively updating the firmware which is the same for both models. would like to have purchased the more expensive unit, figured I wouldn't notice the performance difference. I had issues with Linksys and Asus prior as I recently returned 2 high end models before I got synology.
Slightly better 5GHz range on the 2600 and a snappier UI. A few other advantages of using the 2600 as well. But, all in all the 1900 is a superb router.