What's new

Control 2.4ghz wifi schedule separately from 5ghz

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

lepa71

I have AC68U and wondering if I can control the 2.4ghz wifi schedule separately from 5ghz. I only have 1 device on 2.4 (OG Droid with docking station as a clock). It does sync-up time with the internet once a day. I was thinking to limit it to run 2.4 for let say 1 hour a day and be turned off for the rest of the day. I still need the 5ghz for everything else.

I'm trying to limit the exposure to wifi frequencies for my wife's condition.

You could try setting up a cron job and using wl -i eth1 radio off and wl -i eth1 radio on. I don't know whether that would work but it would be pretty easy to test.

I have AC68U and wondering if I can control the 2.4ghz wifi schedule separately from 5ghz. I only have 1 device on 2.4 (OG Droid with docking station as a clock). It does sync-up time with the internet once a day. I was thinking to limit it to run 2.4 for let say 1 hour a day and be turned off for the rest of the day. I still need the 5ghz for everything else.

I'm trying to limit the exposure to wifi frequencies for my wife's condition.
If she uses a cell phone she will get more RF from the phone than from the 2.4 or 5 GHz router.

Remove this device. It's an 11y old phone. Disable 2.4GHz band. Use battery powered clock.

Move the router away from her. Make her feel more comfortable. It's your wife and you love her.
That is the best clock I have ever had. It is also in airplane mode.
1628649972756.png

That is the best clock I have ever had.

Get an Amazon Fire 8 tablet, load WhatWeather app. It's free, shows time/date, current weather, weather forecast, precipitation graph. No need to make in-app purchases, it works with no ads. Fire 8 is cheap and has 5GHz Wi-Fi. It also has light sensor and dims the display according to ambient light. Here is the app, it's better than your clock:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.kolov.weatherstation&hl=en_CA&gl=US

I would do what's needed to make my wife more comfortable, even if I have to ditch the best clock I ever had.

So I tried to create a schedule on the Wireless - Professional page. It seems that scheduling time off on 2.4 GHz is separate from 5 GHz.

Get an Amazon Fire 8 tablet, load WhatWeather app. It's free, shows time/date, current weather, weather forecast, precipitation graph. No need to make in-app purchases, it works with no ads. Fire 8 is cheap and has 5GHz Wi-Fi. It also has light sensor and dims the display according to ambient light. Here is the app, it's better than your clock:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.kolov.weatherstation&hl=en_CA&gl=US

I would do what's needed to make my wife more comfortable, even if I have to ditch the best clock I ever had.
That phone has a great time screensaver at night but thanks for the idea.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!