What's new

Create a file sharing link on ZyXel NAS 326

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Gaasen

New Around Here
Hi,
I have a Qnap TS 419P II where I can very easily make a share link to a directory, with or without passwords, specify how long the link should be valid.

On my ZyXel NAS 326, I can not figure out how to make such a link, to share eg some pictures.
What I have been able to find out is that it ends up in something that opens a page with Twonky Media Server and there I can see most of what I have on my network. But it is not the intention that people from outside should be able to access anything other than the folder I share.

Anyone know if this is possible and how it should be done?

Best regards Gaasen

Welcome to the forums @Gaasen.

I wouldn't be expecting such specific features from one manufacturer (QNAP) to be available from another manufacturer (ZyXel) and vice versa.

Does the manufacturer's website doesn't have a manual for that model for you to see its capabilities and expected usage? That is where I would start. I wouldn't hold my breath that such a feature is available (broadly) though.

Thanks.

Of course I have checked if there is anything but have not found anything useful. So that's why I thought there might be someone in here who could refer to something.

Considering that 87 people (at the time of this post) have looked at this thread and haven't responded, I don't think there is anything further to pursue here.

I'm sorry I don't have anything further to add. Consider this a free 'bump' to your thread though.

Considering that 87 people (at the time of this post) have looked at this thread and haven't responded, I don't think there is anything further to pursue here.

I'm sorry I don't have anything further to add. Consider this a free 'bump' to your thread though.
Think that you are right.
I have purchased a QNAP TS-233.
Thanks for your responce.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!

Members online