What's new

Cujo AI announces Artificial Intelligence Platform for IoT

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Julio Urquidi

News Editor
cujo-ai-security.jpg
Cujo’s artificial intelligence platform is designed to help ISPs protect customer’s smart home environments by using threat intelligence, machine learning and cloud computing to analyze an automated home’s network behavior.

Algorithms report back to the app and help identify what’s on the network, block known threats, and troubleshoot problems on the network without having to introduce new hardware to the environment.

By looking at metadata, Cujo AI protects home networks from hazards including phishing attacks, remote access threats and denial of service bots, while helping ISPs curb ticket-generating phone calls.

For more information on Cujo AI’s artificial intelligence platform, go to getcujo.com.

Now if it could send high voltages down the line to the offending computers, making them explode like in Star Trek, they'd have a market winner.

The recent "machine learning" buzzword has been used a lot lately, and it always raises some suspicions here. It's a very vague way of saying that "it's doing something automatically", without giving any actual details.

The recent "machine learning" buzzword has been used a lot lately, and it always raises some suspicions here. It's a very vague way of saying that "it's doing something automatically", without giving any actual details.
I don't like the idea of others knowing too much about me. Its cool, but do we really want google knowing when we are home and when we are gone? I like my nest thermostats and nest protects, but do they know too much about our habits? Now we have an AI device monitoring our internet activity and reporting back to.....somewhere?

but do we really want google knowing when we are home and when we are gone?

When I see something like this, one question comes to mind: who are you referring to when you say "Google"? Their servers? Their employees?

Google (their servers) already knows when you aren't home if you have an Android phone. Your GMail lookups will show a different IP, your Google Play attempts at looking for new updates will also show a different IP, your phone location related features will show different coordinates, etc... And it's the same for a LOT of servers out there, as your phone will connect from a different IP whenever accessing web our email while outside of home. So that information is already out there.

Personally, I think the opposite of many people out there: I'd rather have Google have my information than any small startup out there, because I trust Google's security measures more than those of most others out there. Google is able to provide valuable services this way. I appreciate Google being able to automatically show the right bus schedule while I'm outside of home, for example.

When I see something like this, one question comes to mind: who are you referring to when you say "Google"? Their servers? Their employees?

Google (their servers) already knows when you aren't home if you have an Android phone. Your GMail lookups will show a different IP, your Google Play attempts at looking for new updates will also show a different IP, your phone location related features will show different coordinates, etc... And it's the same for a LOT of servers out there, as your phone will connect from a different IP whenever accessing web our email while outside of home. So that information is already out there.

Personally, I think the opposite of many people out there: I'd rather have Google have my information than any small startup out there, because I trust Google's security measures more than those of most others out there. Google is able to provide valuable services this way. I appreciate Google being able to automatically show the right bus schedule while I'm outside of home, for example.

I meant people....

I meant people....

It's highly unlikely that any individual at Google is able to pinpoint you specifically out of maybe 500 million others, unless they actually knew you personally beforehand. You're a grain of sand on their beach...

Between end-point firewalls and anti-virus, SPI and NAT, devices like this can be useful in building a layered defense to protect and monitor one's LAN/WLAN - challenge with active devices like Cujo and similar is keeping the threat profiles up to date.

challenge with active devices like Cujo and similar is keeping the threat profiles up to date.

And for the company not to go belly up 24 months later, leaving you with a brick...

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!