What's new

Voxel Custom firmware build for Orbi RBK50/RBK53 (RBR50, RBS50) v. 9.2.5.1.9SF-HW

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

n some locations between the router and Satellite the phone can not get IP although I see the signal very good
Have not seen something like this... Well, please continue your testing.

Quick Question : where would I place a startup script that would survive a reboot
If you are using Entware: best place would be /mnt/sda1/entware/opt/init.d (== /opt/etc/init.d). Place your script there. And set its attribute as executable (chmod +x).

Other place could be /mnt/sda1/autorun/scripts/post-mount.sh: add the call of your own script there.

Voxel.

Yes, it is bad idea. To keep router's IP in the range of upper mode.

So I support this advice:

Voxel.
I was able to reflash the router using Windows TFTP to 192.168.1.1 on latest stock firmware, then updated to your latest firmware. All seems good now. Was scared, thought I bricked it somehow.

If you are using Entware: best place would be /mnt/sda1/entware/opt/init.d (== /opt/etc/init.d). Place your script there. And set its attribute as executable (chmod +x).

you mean /mnt/sda1/entware/etc/init.d

this was the first thing I did but it did not work with me, I do not know why :)

Other place could be /mnt/sda1/autorun/scripts/post-mount.sh: add the call of your own script there.
that method worked for me , thanks man

I was able to reflash the router using Windows TFTP to 192.168.1.1 on latest stock firmware, then updated to your latest firmware. All seems good now. Was scared, thought I bricked it somehow.
There could be some incompatibility if flashing from 2.3.x.

Do not worry, I had to flash my internal versions about 20 times. And only one brick :)

Voxel.

Last edited:
you mean /mnt/sda1/entware/etc/init.d

this was the first thing I did but it did not work with me, I do not know why :)

You just should name your script in /opt/etc/init.d as S##name where ## is priority to run (00-99).

For exampe /opt/etc/init.d/S90myscript

Voxel.

You just should name your script in /opt/etc/init.d as S##name where ## is priority to run (00-99).

For exampe /opt/etc/init.d/S90myscript

Voxel.

that worked great, thanks
as for the client unable to connect issue when between the router and satellite it disappeared, I will keep monitoring

I hope you have upgraded the previous version of my build to this one. So it is better to use this thread.

XCloud is Microsoft's game streaming service. I don't play online games, so I believe it is safe to disable the upagent service.

I am not sure that XCloud here is MS related. It is a part of ReadyCLOUD from NG. But ReadyCLOUD is not enabled on Orbi (it is enabled in R7800/R9000 firmware). And I have no ideas what NG will do with Orbi models w/o USB ports...

Voxel.

I loaded your latest firmware with Armor stripped out. Thanks for adding the option to disable circle. Happy holidays.

exsmogger

Hi Voxel,
Merry Christmas
another observation and I need someone to confirm if it is the same on stock
today I was scanning for my WIFI and I noticed having 2 SSID under the same name ( I thought it might be the the 5 and 2.4 G ) but I noticed from the BSSID that it is from the router and satellite, is that normal or this would be the reason for the the roaming issue I has before ??

Hello,

Thanks Voxel for another great build. I am continuing to experience the slow down issue, even with this build. I did a fresh install today and within a few hours our network slowed down to a screeching halt (both wired and wifi). The only fix is to reboot the unit. Is it worth trying to troubleshoot this or is the general consensus this is a hardware issue? My unit is out of warranty.

I am willing to help assist with any troubleshooting suggestion you may have.

Thanks.

What scanning APP are you using? Some apps may scan and see two separate same name SSIDs that come from two different points, RBR and RBS.

Most devices should only display 1 SSID though.

Hi Voxel,
Merry Christmas
another observation and I need someone to confirm if it is the same on stock
today I was scanning for my WIFI and I noticed having 2 SSID under the same name ( I thought it might be the the 5 and 2.4 G ) but I noticed from the BSSID that it is from the router and satellite, is that normal or this would be the reason for the the roaming issue I has before ??

Has a factory reset been performed on the RBR and setup from scratch?

What model# and brand modem is the RBR connected too?

Any WiFi neighbors near by?

Hello,

Thanks Voxel for another great build. I am continuing to experience the slow down issue, even with this build. I did a fresh install today and within a few hours our network slowed down to a screeching halt (both wired and wifi). The only fix is to reboot the unit. Is it worth trying to troubleshoot this or is the general consensus this is a hardware issue? My unit is out of warranty.

I am willing to help assist with any troubleshooting suggestion you may have.

Thanks.

What scanning APP are you using? Some apps may scan and see two separate same name SSIDs that come from two different points, RBR and RBS.

Most devices should only display 1 SSID though.
It is an Openwrt end point that connects to my wifi

Something to ask the OpenWRT devs about. They probably have a more granular scanning program that lists or displays more then what other devices do.

Thank you for the Christmas gift Voxel, data in my partition survived the flashing :)

I'm currently using dnscrypt-proxy for adblock, but sometimes I need to bypass the filters. As a quick solution, I thought of using the guess wifi network, but it also uses the router as the primary DNS server. Do you know if I can change the network config so the guest network uses specific DNS servers?

Has a factory reset been performed on the RBR and setup from scratch?

What model# and brand modem is the RBR connected too?

Any WiFi neighbors near by?

Thanks for the reply e38Bimmer. I have done the factory reset previously, but will try again as I am getting to the point where the only real option is to purchase new hardware.

I will try the reset and get you the other information you requested in the next day or so.

Thanks for your help.

Please more details. Slowdown of what? Router<-->Satellite? Router<-->Internet? Satellite<-->Internet? Whatever else?

Voxel.

Hi Voxel,

After a restart, we can access the internet normally from all devices (wired or wireless) - streaming, game playing, etc. After a period of time, the internet connection degrades for everyone - wired or wirelessly connected. If I use fast.com after a restart from a computer connected via wire to the router, I am getting speeds in excess of 650 Mbps. When we are experiencing the issue, the speeds are usually below 60 Mbps.

Based on that, I would say the issue is Router <--> Internet.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!