What's new

Voxel Custom firmware build for Orbi RBK50/RBK53 (RBR50, RBS50) v. 9.2.5.2.6SF-HW

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I wanted to reply to you because I as well assign IP addresses to ALL devices on my home network so a reset for me is a chore as well.

If your router is in the middle of the house and the satellites positioned to both sides are connected to it and not each other, then you DO NOT need to enable Daisy chaining.

Thank you
How did you manage the IP addresses assignament?

(Unfortunately my router is in one end of my house).

Last edited:
Thank you
How did you manage the IP addresses assignament?

(Unfortunately my router is in one end of my house).
Not sure what you mean by how I managed them. I manually input the DHCP reservations because I'm not sure loading the configuration file from stock Netgear firmware will give me issues or not.

If your router is on one 3nd of the house, not in the center, then you do need to enable Daisy Chain and maybe edit your original post since you did say that each satellite connects to the router.

This post explains how to backup and restore DHCP reservations for R7800 & R9000:

Not sure if this also works on Orbi, but perhaps worth to check?

I did a dumb thing and didn't read instructions before flashing to my RBS50 which I had just updated to stock 2.7.1.60 and now it's offline. How do I TFTP to the RBS50? I tried these instructions but no luck.

I did a dumb thing and didn't read instructions before flashing to my RBS50 which I had just updated to stock 2.7.1.60 and now it's offline. How do I TFTP to the RBS50? I tried these instructions but no luck.
Set your computer to manual ip: 192.168.1.10

Turn off orbi for 10 seconds.

Open a command prompt and run a continuous ping to 192.168.1.1

Press and hold reset button on orbi, and while holding reset, turn on orbi.

Keep holding reset button, and as soon as you start seeing replies to ping, you can let go of reset button, and start tftp process.

Last edited:
Set your computer to manual ip: 192.168.1.10

Turn off orbi for 10 seconds.

Open a command prompt and run a continuous ping to 192.168.1.1

Press and hold reset button on orbi, and while holding reset, turn on orbi.

Keep holding reset button, and as soon as you start seeing replies to ping, you can let go of reset button, and start telnet process.

Thank you that worked!!!

OMG I finally have wired ethernet connections working again on my RBR50 basestation. Thank you so much!!!!!!!!!
You're welcome! I had the same happen to me a week ago, spent a LOT of time figuring this out. So I'm glad I could save you the time :)

Question: I logged into my iOS Orbi app and it notified me there is a new version of your FW available for my RBS50.
Current FW: 9.2.5.2.6
New Version Available: 9.2.5.2.6SF-HW

Is that correct? That's pretty awesome if it can update custom FW.

Edit: Apologies @kalpik I confused you with @Voxel

IMG_8D054D011EBE-1.jpeg

Last edited:
There two versions. RBK50-V9.2.5.2.7SF-HW and RBK50-V2.5.0.42SF-HW. what is the difference?
The "RBK50-V2.5.0.42SF-HW" is just stock Netgear firmware which you need to be on when you're flashing voxel for the first time. If you're already on voxel, you can directly flash "RBK50-V9.2.5.2.7SF-HW".

I'm trying to set OpenDNS in WAN settings with RBK50-V9.2.5.2.7SF-HW build but for an unknown reason, it does not work. Anyone can tell me why Voxel version would be the root cause ?

I'm trying to set OpenDNS in WAN settings with RBK50-V9.2.5.2.7SF-HW build but for an unknown reason, it does not work. Anyone can tell me why Voxel version would be the root cause ?

Can you be more specific about what "doesn't work"?

What are you trying to do specifically, what is the result you are expecting, what is the actual result?

in Basic / Internet Settings, I choose "Use These DNS Servers" (OpenDNS FamilyShield servers 208.67.222.123 and 208.67.220.123 for exemple).
Save / reboot but I'm always stuck in Cloudflare DNS.

I think I found the problem today by unset stubby and dnscrypt2 from nvram then reboot (set to 0 is not enough)

You’re probably right, if enabled Dnscrypt settings override the basic system configuration. You could also look if opendns supports dnscrypt or DoH.

I'm sorry if this has been asked before, but I couldn't find it in the search.
I've read the quickstart and it only mentions Wireguard Client.
I wanted my Orbi to run wireguard server, which I currently have set up on a raspberry pi but believe it would be more reliable on the orbi.
Is there a guide on how to do that?

Thank you very much

a simple feature request...

Would it be possible to add the ability to sort the LAN Address reservation table by IP address, device name, or MAC address just like you can with the Attached Devices list

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!