What's new

Custom firmware build for R7800 v. 1.0.2.73SF

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Can you share the NG firmware download web/ftp site ?

Tia.

I don't have a link. I got notified by the firmware itself when I loged in. At the top was a banner saying new firmware was available. Went to the firmware settings and it reported .68 was available so I flashed it just to see what they broke this time

@Voxel

Is it possible to add device level bandwidth limiting to your custom firmware for the R7800?

is it possible? yes. will he do it? i doubt it. that's a major undertaking

is it possible? yes. will he do it? i doubt it. that's a major undertaking

Yes, it is rather problematic to implement such stuff. Such stuff are almost useless w/o GUI. I have very limited possibilities to make the changes in GUI (no source codes).

Voxel.

@Voxel
Do not use net-wall from stock .68 for your next release. See comment above

Rather impossible. No source codes even for stick 63. I deal with source codes.

https://kb.netgear.com/2649/NETGEAR-Open-Source-Code-for-Programmers-GPL

P.S.
As far as I know this new 68 is just an attempt to fix the issue with WAN port in AP mode. So IMO changes are exactly in firewall (net-wall). So no sense to process this. Agree with this:

:D - typical NETGEAR

If you remember 62 also had an issue with net-wall (Pi-Hole owners). So I've not used it even from 62. As usual: fixing bug and introducing few more...

P.P.S.

Thanks for your present. I've got notification from vladlenas.

Voxel.

Yes, it is rather problematic to implement such stuff. Such stuff are almost useless w/o GUI. I have very limited possibilities to make the changes in GUI (no source codes).

Voxel.

Is it possible to hijack GUI elements to change their functionality?

Voxel - thank you very much for your outstanding work!
I originally wanted to wish you a Merry Christmass - but I think this should be in two weeks?

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!