What's new

Custom firmware build for R7800 v. 1.0.2.76SF & v. 1.0.2.76.1SF

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

@Voxel

fq-codel is already included in the firmware but there is no way to set it (/proc/sys/net/core/default_qdisc is missing). Can you turn on the kernel option to set the packet scheduler?

fq-codel is already included in the firmware but there is no way to set it (/proc/sys/net/core/default_qdisc is missing). Can you turn on the kernel option to set the packet scheduler?

I am not sure it is possible. It requires as far as I know kernel version > 3.5 (3.4.103 is used as a base in R7800 stock fw). I'll check. I did not dig this in deep.

Voxel.

Hello Voxel,

I'm experiencing an issue with 5gHz wifi :
Got an fiber (1Gb/s) ISP, R7800 in router mode, last voxel+kamoj, dnscryptv2 activated, no QoS, all other things to default.

After a router boot, 5gHz wifi give me 300-320Mb/s speedtest trough fast.com (with windows10 laptop usb3 wifi adapter)
After a while (some 10 minutes), the same test give 80-100Mb/s
Tried channel indoor and outdoor (dfs) : same issue
Tried rebooting laptop when test is 80-100Mb/s and retry the test after boot : same thing

Is it a known problem ? related to wifi driver ath10k-9984 ?

Thanks for your help.

Hello Voxel,

I'm experiencing an issue with 5gHz wifi :
Got an fiber (1Gb/s) ISP, R7800 in router mode, last voxel+kamoj, dnscryptv2 activated, no QoS, all other things to default.

After a router boot, 5gHz wifi give me 300-320Mb/s speedtest trough fast.com (with windows10 laptop usb3 wifi adapter)
After a while (some 10 minutes), the same test give 80-100Mb/s
Tried channel indoor and outdoor (dfs) : same issue
Tried rebooting laptop when test is 80-100Mb/s and retry the test after boot : same thing

Is it a known problem ? related to wifi driver ath10k-9984 ?

Thanks for your help.

Maybe you are using so-called "Smart Connect"? It can mix 2.4 and 5GHz.

Voxel.

I'm a noob and I think I actually set the transmission torrent client to save the file in the internal memory of the router itself instead of the external HDD. I very fast got an message saying the storage was full and it froze. I then took and reset the router and uploaded the stock firmware, but I'm thinking maybe the files I downloaded still is on the router memory or will the storage get formatted when I push the reset button on the back of the router?

Sry spelleing error.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!