What's new

Voxel Custom firmware build for R7800 v. 1.0.2.79SF

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Try this:
Code:
nvram set qos_endis_on=0
nvram commit
chmod -x /sbin/dni_qos
chmod -x /sbin/qos.sh
reboot

I have the same QOS issue, I tried these commands from HELLO_wORLD but when the router rebooted, QOS is back on, is there some privilege elevation I am missing. I am just using telnet.

I have the same QOS issue, I tried these commands from HELLO_wORLD but when the router rebooted, QOS is back on, is there some privilege elevation I am missing. I am just using telnet.

Maybe being more aggressive:
Code:
chmod -x /usr/sbin/aws-iot
/etc/init.d/aws disable
chmod -x /usr/sbin/ra_check
chmod -x /sbin/dni_qos
/etc/init.d/dni-qos stop
chmod -x /sbin/qos.sh
nvram set qos_endis_on=0
nvram commit
reboot

FYI: The kamoj add-on 5.3 beta has a function in Settings to completely disable QoS: Disable: Streamboost QoS Data Collection service.
It goes a step longer than mentioned above to really get rid of all traces and phone homes.
You can try that and report back.

My mistake, aws and ra-check have nothing to do with qos. It is aws-iot (Amazon web service) that is part of Netgear snitch (router analytics). I disable them in my script and I forgot to remove after pasting.
So you just want to keep this:
Code:
chmod -x /sbin/dni_qos
/etc/init.d/dni-qos stop
chmod -x /sbin/qos.sh
nvram set qos_endis_on=0
nvram commit
reboot

What does the aws disable do? What is the aws?

PS: In case you are not using @kamoj great addon, here is the portion of my script to disable some routines I don’t want to run. It is loaded at startup (automount in my case, but could be in an init.d script).
Code:
# Disable print services
[ -x /sbin/KC_BONJOUR ] && chmod -x /sbin/KC_BONJOUR
[ -x /sbin/KC_PRINT ] && chmod -x /sbin/KC_PRINT
ps | grep -F '/sbin/KC_' | awk '{print $1}' | xargs kill 2>/dev/null
# Disable call services (and enable visibility in GUI)
[ "$(grep -F 'config set new_sold_board=1' /etc/init.d/boot)" ] && { sed -i 's/\/bin\/config set new_sold_board=1/\/bin\/config unset new_sold_board/' /etc/init.d/boot; config unset new_sold_board; }
[ -x /usr/sbin/aws-iot ] && { chmod -x /usr/sbin/aws-iot; /etc/init.d/aws disable; }
[ -x /usr/sbin/ra_check ] && { chmod -x /usr/sbin/ra_check; }
# Disable traffic meter
[ -x /sbin/traffic_meter ] && { chmod -x /sbin/traffic_meter; /etc/init.d/traffic_meter stop; }
# Disable stream boost
[ -x /etc/init.d/streamboost ] && { /etc/init.d/streamboost stop; /etc/init.d/streamboost disable; chmod -x /etc/init.d/streamboost; chmod -x /usr/sbin/streamboost_status_monit; }
# Disable QoS
[ -x /sbin/dni_qos ] && { chmod -x /sbin/dni_qos; /etc/init.d/dni-qos stop; }
[ -x /sbin/qos.sh ] && chmod -x /sbin/qos.sh

Last edited:
FYI: The kamoj add-on 5.3 beta has a function in Settings to completely disable QoS: Disable: Streamboost QoS Data Collection service.
It goes a step longer than mentioned above to really get rid of all traces and phone homes.

Thank you Kamoj, the option seems to have done the trick, didn't notice that in the sea of options. I also noticed there is the AWS disable option next to that, I assume that disable the needless AWS IOT analytics thing does the same as what HELLO_wORLD suggested in the cmd line?

Thank you Kamoj, the option seems to have done the trick, didn't notice that in the sea of options. I also noticed there is the AWS disable option next to that, I assume that disable the needless AWS IOT analytics thing does the same as what HELLO_wORLD suggested in the cmd line?
Yes, it is about the same thing: remove NG analytics snitch ;)

My mistake, aws and ra-check have nothing to do with qos. It is aws-iot (Amazon web service) that is part of Netgear snitch (router analytics). I disable them in my script and I forgot to remove after pasting.
So you just want to keep this:
Code:
chmod -x /sbin/dni_qos
/etc/init.d/dni-qos stop
chmod -x /sbin/qos.sh
nvram set qos_endis_on=0
nvram commit
reboot

PS: In case you are not using @kamoj great addon, here is the portion of my script to disable some routines I don’t want to run. It is loaded at startup (automount in my case, but could be in an init.d script).
Code:
# Disable print services
[ -x /sbin/KC_BONJOUR ] && chmod -x /sbin/KC_BONJOUR
[ -x /sbin/KC_PRINT ] && chmod -x /sbin/KC_PRINT
ps | grep -F '/sbin/KC_' | awk '{print $1}' | xargs kill 2>/dev/null
# Disable call services (and enable visibility in GUI)
[ "$(grep -F 'config set new_sold_board=1' /etc/init.d/boot)" ] && { sed -i 's/\/bin\/config set new_sold_board=1/\/bin\/config unset new_sold_board/' /etc/init.d/boot; config unset new_sold_board; }
[ -x /usr/sbin/aws-iot ] && { chmod -x /usr/sbin/aws-iot; /etc/init.d/aws disable; }
[ -x /usr/sbin/ra_check ] && { chmod -x /usr/sbin/ra_check; }
# Disable traffic meter
[ -x /sbin/traffic_meter ] && { chmod -x /sbin/traffic_meter; /etc/init.d/traffic_meter stop; }
# Disable stream boost
[ -x /etc/init.d/streamboost ] && { /etc/init.d/streamboost stop; /etc/init.d/streamboost disable; chmod -x /etc/init.d/streamboost; chmod -x /usr/sbin/streamboost_status_monit; }
# Disable QoS
[ -x /sbin/dni_qos ] && { chmod -x /sbin/dni_qos; /etc/init.d/dni-qos stop; }
[ -x /sbin/qos.sh ] && chmod -x /sbin/qos.sh
Can I enter these in telenet?

Is there a list of telenet commands somewhere for Netgear R7800 when using Voxel firmware? I can't remember how to turn off torrent option thing... would be really curious to see a compiled list of telenet commands to turn of NG snitch, torrent, and other commands for performance improve

Code:
root@R7800:/tmp/wg1$ telnet --help
BusyBox v1.4.2 (2020-09-07 15:09:20 UTC) multi-call binary

Usage: telnet HOST [PORT]

Connect to remote telnet server

Is there a list of telenet commands somewhere for Netgear R7800 when using Voxel firmware? I can't remember how to turn off torrent option thing... would be really curious to see a compiled list of telenet commands to turn of NG snitch, torrent, and other commands for performance improve

You mean commands you can run on the router via telnet or ssh?
Well, you can run many many commands on the router...

For the most useful ones for intermediate users, why wouldn’t you create a thread for it? That’s a good idea.

To turn off snitch, you can dig in this forum in semi-recent posts.

Some basic useful ones (like turning torrent off) are in the Voxel’s readme.

You mean commands you can run on the router via telnet or ssh?
Well, you can run many many commands on the router...

For the most useful ones for intermediate users, why wouldn’t you create a thread for it? That’s a good idea.

To turn off snitch, you can dig in this forum in semi-recent posts.

Some basic useful ones (like turning torrent off) are in the Voxel’s readme.
Yes , I am trying to get a compiled list of all telenet commands to max performance router while utilizing Voxel Firmware. Slowly getting a list of commands together, then if it is not done, I will post everything I find.

I really think it's not telnet commands you want then, but linux and router specific commands?!

You can start looking at the busybox commands, as these are easy to list:
help

Built-in commands:
-------------------
. : [ [[ alias bg break cd chdir command continue echo eval exec
exit export false fg getopts hash help jobs kill let local pwd
read readonly return set shift source test times trap true type
ulimit umask unalias unset wait

busybox --help

BusyBox v1.4.2 (2020-09-07 15:09:20 UTC) multi-call binary
Copyright (C) 1998-2006 Erik Andersen, Rob Landley, and others.
Licensed under GPLv2. See source distribution for full notice.

Usage: busybox [function] [arguments]...
or: [function] [arguments]...

BusyBox is a multi-call binary that combines many common Unix
utilities into a single executable. Most people will create a
link to busybox for each function they wish to use and BusyBox
will act like whatever it was invoked as!

Currently defined functions:
[, [[, addgroup, adduser, arping, ash, awk, awx, basename, bunzip2, bzcat, cat, chgrp, chmod,
chown, chroot, clear, cp, crond, crontab, cut, date, dd, delgroup, deluser, df, diff, dirname,
dmesg, dos2unix, du, echo, egrep, env, expr, false, fgrep, find, free, fsck, fuser, getopt, getty,
grep, gunzip, gzip, halt, hdparm, head, hexdump, hostid, hostname, hwclock, id, ifconfig, init,
insmod, ipkg, kill, killall, killall5, klogd, length, less, ln, lock, logger, logread, ls, lsmod,
md, md5sum, mesg, mkdir, mkfifo, mknod, mkswap, mktemp, mm, mount, mv, nc, netmsg, netstat, nice,
nslookup, passwd, pidof, ping, ping6, pivot_root, poweroff, printf, ps, pwd, rdate, reboot, reset,
rm, rmdir, rmmod, route, sed, seq, sh, sleep, start-stop-daemon, strings, su, swapoff, swapon,
switch_root, sync, sysctl, syslogd, tail, tee, telnet, test, tftp, time, top, touch, tr, traceroute,
true, umount, uname, uniq, unix2dos, uptime, usleep, vconfig, vi, watchdog, wc, which, xargs,
yes, zcat, zcip
Other way to list the 1000+ commands are e.g.:
ls /bin
ls /usr/bin
ls /sbin
ls /usr/sbin
find /rom -type f -exec test -x {} \; -print | grep -vE "\.png" 2>/dev/null
find /overlay -type f -exec test -x {} \; -print 2>/dev/null

Yes , I am trying to get a compiled list of all telenet commands to max performance router while utilizing Voxel Firmware. Slowly getting a list of commands together, then if it is not done, I will post everything I find.

Hey guys, sorry been crazy real life going on, and yes I didn't realize what I was looking for is in the Voxel readme. o_O Was my fault for not looking...
nvram set nocloud=1
nvram set nokwilt=1
nvram commit

nvram set transmission_disable=1
nvram commit
This is what I wanted, trying to disable everything I can for max performance. All I do is stream and game on this router. Trying to figure out how to uninstall them with telenet next. If it is even possible. Thanks for the heads up guys!!! And again, thank you Voxel for amazing firmware!!

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!