What's new

Voxel Custom firmware build for R7800 v. 1.0.2.81SF & v. 1.0.2.81.1SF

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I have this happen routinely shortly after flashing new Voxel firmware versions on it. I have found that upgrading the firmware, allowing a few minutes to settle and then manually rebooting the router avoids this from occurring.

OK, thank you for info. Usually I have to reboot my router two or three times to restore from backup after flashing. So I do no see such an issue.

Voxel.

Last edited:
Usually with dnscrypt proxy v2 I can configure as I want in toml file., Right?

Yes. In fact, I have a thumbdrive formatted ext3 attached to the router with a post-mount.sh shell script in the /autorun/scripts path to set the dns servers and other updates whenever the firmware is updated:

Code:
#!/bin/sh

if [ ! -f "/root/firewall-start.sh" ]
then
  cp /tmp/mnt/$1/firewall-start.sh /root/.
fi

if [ ! -f "/root/.ssh/authorized_keys" ]
then
  mkdir -p /root/.ssh
  cp /tmp/mnt/$1/authorized_keys /root/.ssh/authorized_keys
fi

if [ ! -f "/overlay/etc/dnscrypt-proxy-2.toml " ]; then
  sed -i -r "s/^(server_names[[:space:]]*=[[:space:]]*).*/\1['adguard-dns-doh']/" /etc/dnscrypt-proxy-2.toml
fi

Hello All,

unable to login in readycloud even after multiple reboot and enabling it in Kamoj addon.

root@R7800:/$ /sbin/cloud update
/sbin/cloud: /sbin/cloud: 131: /opt/rcagent/scripts/register.sh: not found

Last edited:
dear Voxel,
i've just upgrade to 81.1 but i've very slow wifi performance with this version with same settings!!!!
With this 81.1, speed test in download is 300Mb and 200mb in upload. With old firmware, like .79, speed test in download 910Mb and 200mb in upload with 5GHZ wifi. I've just tested this with my laptop.
Same situation with my iphone xr, with 81.1 firmware donloadw 280-300mb and with .79 firmware--->662mb.
About my settings, i've vodafone gigabit fiber direct into r7800 from ONT with eth cable.
About 5GHZ channel my config set to 44, if i change to 36 or 48 slow wifi performance like .81.1 firmware, only with 44 channel i've this performance

thanks
I
I'm experiencing this as well

I too have noticed this. My WiFi speeds for internet have dropped from average 307Mb to around 260Mb after the update. Ping has gone up slightly. Uploads have stayed the same at around 50Mb.
Mine dropped from 600Mbps to ~270Mbps (test done using perf3), so I'm basically getting the new speed you are getting

I've tested my 5Ghz Wifi with my O+7, my iPad Pro, and my iPhone XR, and I have the same speed as before, using Voxel's latest firmware.
And I'm not mistaken, Voxel already said that the files that were updated were not playing any part in the speed of the router, cabled or WiFi. But I might be wrong, so don't hesitate to correct me.

I've tested my 5Ghz Wifi with my O+7, my iPad Pro, and my iPhone XR, and I have the same speed as before, using Voxel's latest firmware.
And I'm not mistaken, Voxel already said that the files that were updated were not playing any part in the speed of the router, cabled or WiFi. But I might be wrong, so don't hesitate to correct me.
I don’t argue with this. I know very little about the contents of firmware updates or their position, relation to components of the router I.e. Wi-Fi performance. All I say is that after the latest update I detect a significant and repeatable decline in wireless throughput for internet speed tests.

All router settings are unchanged. Local wireless network topologies are seemingly unchanged (no new neighbouring networks or devices present). The only thing that has changed to my understanding is the firmware version.

I trust Voxel firmware and this alone will not change this but it will be interesting to me to check if performance reverts with the next update. Even though nothing in the update should affect this performance, because software is software, does it mean it is impossible?

Something strange is going on with the 2.4Ghz network; Since the 81 update firmware, the 2.4Ghz network has been slow I used a new router with only the latest FW83, same problem here. Connection - 250Dwn-25Up Previously for the 81 this was almost identical Results

Attachments

• 2,4Ghz.png
    2,4Ghz.png
    7.5 KB · Views: 129
  • 5Ghz.png
    5Ghz.png
    10.8 KB · Views: 106
Last edited:
Hello, In the past few days I have tested a number of firmware versions from: 70SF - 83SF, each time I have reset the router to the factory settings and loaded the new firmware, and then back again with the same firmware; the speed test of Ookla every time.

From the SF75, the speed on the 2.4Ghz decreases drastically, like the previous article of this!

It is stable up to SF74.4, then higher is slow and low results.

Another issue is with the connected devices

Until 74.4 you can change the name, and the day after I can still change the name.

With the SF75 and higher I see a large grey area at the name change and apply pressure!

Voxel, do you have an idea?

Attachments

• 2,4Ghz.png
    2,4Ghz.png
    19.8 KB · Views: 101
  • 5Ghz.png
    5Ghz.png
    18.2 KB · Views: 86
  • Attached Device.png
    Attached Device.png
    7 KB · Views: 79
  • Attached Device_1.png
    Attached Device_1.png
    876 bytes · Views: 81
I do not quite understand. Your last post:

2.4GHz: 186.12Mbps.
5GHz: 246.96

186.12Mbps IMO is pretty good for 2.4GHz... Maybe you have more advanced 2.4SHz client.

And I do not have any problems with changing names of attached devices.

Could somebody else check this please?

75.1SF was release more that year ago... Too many changes since. One of them is use of new compiler.

Voxel.

Hi Voxel Thanks

I have tree R7800 routers, one Main end two AP

From the 75.1SF the speed is good. When I install a higher version of the SF, the speed drops!, on the 2,4Ghz 40-70Mbs 5Ghz Good!

I do an factory reset router and installed the last router FW SF83.
After that another factory reset and configure the router Lan-Wifi -Ect.

When I want to change the name of the connected devices under any web browser (Firefox - Opra - Chrome – Edge – Ipad 1 Safari) I get a gray area after applying!

When I installed the 75.1 one of the AP, I have that issue not. Strange!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!