What's new

Voxel Custom firmware build for R7800 v. 1.0.2.86SF

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I can verify on V1.0.2.85SF the Voxel name is above the firmware version. Maybe you need to clear the cache on your web browser?

Thank you. I don't know what to make of this. I cleared the cache in Firefox and tried Edge and chrome and they show the same thing. If I set the language to Auto (as you have it) or English, the (Voxel) name disappears. If I set it to deutsch, then (voxel) appears but that's the only language of half a dozen I tried that it does. I've reset the router to defaults a few times as well after the firmware loads. As I said, I saw the (Voxel) name when I installed the 59SF. What the heck?

1C2rq8K.jpg

Thank you. I don't know what to make of this. I cleared the cache in Firefox and tried Edge and chrome and they show the same thing. If I set the language to Auto (as you have it) or English, the (Voxel) name disappears. If I set it to deutsch, then (voxel) appears but that's the only language of half a dozen I tried that it does. I've reset the router to defaults a few times as well after the firmware loads. As I said, I saw the (Voxel) name when I installed the 59SF. What the heck?

1C2rq8K.jpg
My language is set to English. My screen is similar to your screenshot for English, except that my version information appears in a single line (rather than 2).

As long as the version contains the letters "SF" after it, it is Voxel. The stock firmware does not have any letters as a suffix, and the stock firmware currently tops out at ver 82.

No need to worry about this.

My language is set to English. My screen is similar to your screenshot for English, except that my version information appears in a single line (rather than 2).

As long as the version contains the letters "SF" after it, it is Voxel. The stock firmware does not have any letters as a suffix, and the stock firmware currently tops out at ver 82.

No need to worry about this.

Thanks. I was guessing it's just a graphical glitch but have no idea what causes it. Everything was updated from a windows 10 PC that's wired but I even got the same thing when I logged in on my phone via wireless. Since this was my first time using Voxel's firmware, I wasn't sure if the flash worked or if I was in some sort of hybrid land between that and stock lol

Ok. This is getting weird now and I still have no clue why people are seeing different things. Are you kidding, kokishin? I do not have a Donate button.
I also installed the Kamoj add-on and don't see anything to show that either except the Kamoj menu on the left under the advanced button.
IcIeul7.jpg

The "(Voxel)" string is added to the specific language files, e.g. from my router:
Code:
root@R7800:~$ grep "router_firmware_version" /www/languages*js
/www/languages-en.js:router_firmware_version="Router Firmware Version (Voxel)"
/www/languages-gr.js:router_firmware_version="Version der Router-Firmware (Voxel)"
/www/languages-pt.js:router_firmware_version="Versão do firmware do roteador (Voxel)"
/www/languages-ru.js:router_firmware_version="Версия микрокода роутера (Voxel)"

The "(Voxel)" string is added to the specific language files, e.g. from my router:
Code:
/www/languages-gr.js:router_firmware_version="Version der Router-Firmware (Voxel)"
/www/languages-pt.js:router_firmware_version="Versão do firmware do roteador (Voxel)"

Any idea why it's not showing up in English then? I just ran
Code:
grep "router_firmware_version" /www/languages*js
from ssh and I get the same thing you did.

Code:

I downloaded the firmware directly from Voxel's site as well. Voxel's Firmware (voxel-firmware.com)

I don't get any notation for Kamjog Add-on either though I installed the original version. I did read some threads saying your later version is a closed beta for now.

Last edited:
Very welcome to the forum, and being a smart router administrator - using @Voxel
Firmware! I very much advice you to also use Aegis from @HELLO_wORLD !

The missing Voxel should work with the add-on 5.4b, since it uses own html-files
for better user (GUI) experience.

The beta is Open but have a few requests of feedback to join.
Common sense, like a "Like" if you get help is good, e.g.
PS
There is no "original" version, and no Kamjog either.;)
Any idea why it's not showing up in English then? I just ran
Code:
grep "router_firmware_version" /www/languages*js
from ssh and I get the same thing you did.

Code:

I downloaded the firmware directly from Voxel's site as well. Voxel's Firmware (voxel-firmware.com)

I don't get any notation for Kamjog Add-on either though I installed the original version. I did read some threads saying your later version is a closed beta for now.

Very welcome to the forum, and being a smart router administrator - using @Voxel
Firmware! I very much advice you to also use Aegis from @HELLO_wORLD !

The missing Voxel should work with the add-on 5.4b, since it uses own html-files
for better user (GUI) experience.

The beta is Open but have a few requests of feedback to join.
Common sense, like a "Like" if you get help is good, e.g.
PS
There is no "original" version, and no Kamjog either.;)

haha Sorry, I think I typo'd your name then went to change it and ended up making it worse when I hit save. :D
I meant I had installed your original beta 5.0 version from this thread: https://www.snbforums.com/threads/kamoj-add-on-v5-for-netgear-r7800-x4s-and-r9000-x10.60590/

Thank you for the help, Kamoj. As I mentioned in an earlier post, I've been using dd-wrt for a long time. When I didn't see the name (Voxel) come up I was worried the flash hadn't worked or I was stuck in some weird hybrid of stock and Voxel firmware. :) I still don't know why the name doesn't appear on the router page when it shows the (Voxel) in the language code for english.

This is just one of those weird things where it seems to work fine but you're pulling your hair out trying to figure out why something is happening.

thank you mr voxel for all the hard work.

How old is the netgear firmware that this is based on? Still a really long time since they've updated?

Alrighty I'm back again. Are any of you using the device in AP mode or just router mode? In AP this thing seems to crash for no rhyme or reason, need to set up logging on it. The only Factory firmware I remember working in AP mode was around 68. Anyone else having ap mode issues with this device

Might just be time for a network overhaul.

i've been using mine with voxel as a R7800 AP for quite a while. occassionally th 5ghz seems flakey, but it's mostly working okay.

How old is the netgear firmware that this is based on? Still a really long time since they've updated?
Based on old but selective changes from the latest. Such as fixes AP mode issue etc.

Latest stock versions have issues such as broken net-wall (IPv6), this strange Funjsq service (Chinese specific) etc. There are no any reasons to integrate all these changes (stability).

Voxel.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!