What's new

Voxel Custom firmware build for R7800 v. 1.0.2.90SF

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I'm having an issue with dnscrypt when using the adguard filtering server:

[CRITICAL] [adguard-dns-doh] Certificate hash [ac15d221c58f955a879da52ac42960216811158fef0bfa9fc5265eb03293ee7e] not found

The firmware is using dnscrypt-proxy 2.1.1, which is the latest release. Is there any way to update their certs?

I'm having an issue with dnscrypt when using the adguard filtering server:

[CRITICAL] [adguard-dns-doh] Certificate hash [ac15d221c58f955a879da52ac42960216811158fef0bfa9fc5265eb03293ee7e] not found

The firmware is using dnscrypt-proxy 2.1.1, which is the latest release. Is there any way to update their certs?

Delete below files and let dnscrypt-proxy re-download them. Restart dnscrypt-proxy would do the trick.
• public-resolvers.md
• public-resolvers.md.minisig
• relays.md
• relays.md.minisig

If the issue persists. It means adguard changed their certificate chain. Dnscrypt-proxy will update it eventually. [OR] If you want you can move your server to static list. Below links will be helpful:

https://github.com/DNSCrypt/doh-server#dns-stamp-and-certificate-hashes
https://dnscrypt.info/stamps/

thanks for the update voxel! I have one recommendation and one question:

recommend having the release notes include which version of Netgear's open source download you are using as baseline.

question, can you explain what's up with the dnsmasq note? what was the behavior before and what now? (i'm using the router in AP mode and as far as I know I don't need dnsmasq for either dhcp or dns)

thanks for the update voxel! I have one recommendation and one question:

recommend having the release notes include which version of Netgear's open source download you are using as baseline.

question, can you explain what's up with the dnsmasq note? what was the behavior before and what now? (i'm using the router in AP mode and as far as I know I don't need dnsmasq for either dhcp or dns)
sometimes when R7800 are in AP mode the dnsmasq process can be running at 100% cpu utilization, even though it's not needed.
Voxel added a nvram setting which allows you to completely disable dnsmasq for R7800 in AP mode to end the problem.

use these nvram commands to enable this behavior if needed:
nvram set disable_dnsmasq=1
nvram commit

sometimes when R7800 are in AP mode the dnsmasq process can be running at 100% cpu utilization, even though it's not needed.
Voxel added a nvram setting which allows you to completely disable dnsmasq for R7800 in AP mode to end the problem.

use these nvram commands to enable this behavior if needed:
nvram set disable_dnsmasq=1
nvram commit
This means: That the settings are disabled by default in AP mode

I have created an account on here just to be able to express my gratitude. I have recently started using your firmware and it has been absolutely flawless. Thank you very much for everything you do Voxel! Your work is greatly appreciated by me and my guests who all experience a rock solid network connection when they visit me ;).

**note: maybe this will help someone out there - i installed/set up all of my wyze cam v3's on my netgear r7800 with voxel's custom firmware 89. when i noticed voxel released 90, i updated the firmware on my router. wyze cam v3's no longer worked. went back to firmware 89 and everything works great again!
I had a similar issue as you. My somewhat older laptop which makes use of a wireless network adapter without 5GHz support was not able to see my wireless network at all after the update to 1.0.2.90SF. What fixed it for me was disabling "Enable SSID Broadcast" for the 2.4GHz network, applying the settings and rebooting (which is automatic). After the reboot enable "Enable SSID Broadcast" again for 2.4GHz, apply the settings and reboot one last time. After that everything was working as smooth as ever again. Hope this helps you out!

Hello everyone,
So how's the snapshot 90.1? Working great?
I decided to go for it, I installed it. Testing it as I write. Well, I'm testing it... I'm using it the regular way :)

Last edited:
Do not worry. I do not publish untested versions ;-) If it is published, it should work as designed.

Voxel.
Oh I never worry about your firmwares Mr Voxel :) They always work great, they are very stable (y)
Just wanted to make sure since the version I downloaded and installed is still in the snapshot directory, so I thought it might still be in testing mode :)
Anyway, been using it on my router since this morning, and everything is working great. As always.
Again : MERCI MERCI Monsieur Voxel :)

What's that?
the bandwidth of the connected devices
1640100619548.png

Downgrade to V1.0.2.89SF work fine

Last edited:
this update seems to have broken the QoS device priority settings. Will not save for any of them.
also seems to have done something to the wireless, my phone is saying authentication problem and the router is refusing connection to it. all of the other wireless devices that would normally just connect after update are not connecting. rolling back to .89 doesn't fix this.

any suggestions?

edit - changing password and setting back to original fixes wifi connection issue.
QoS broken and not displaying attached devices correctly or any bandwidth.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!