What's new

Voxel Custom firmware build for R7800 v. 1.0.2.99SF

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Voxel

Part of the Furniture
Continuation of

. . .
https://www.snbforums.com/threads/custom-firmware-build-for-r7800-v-1-0-2-97sf.80458/
https://www.snbforums.com/threads/custom-firmware-build-for-r7800-v-1-0-2-98sf.81528/

New version of my custom firmware build: 1.0.2.99SF.

Changes (vs 1.0.2.98SF):

1. Toolchain: Go is upgraded 1.18.7->1.18.9.
2. zlib package is upgraded 1.2.12->1.2.13 (fixing CVE-2022-37434).
(score 9.8, Critical)​
3. OpenSSL v. 1.1.1 package is upgraded 1.1.1q->1.1.1s.
4. OpenVPN is upgraded 2.5.7->2.5.8.
5. dropbear package is upgraded 2022.82->2022.83.
6. proftpd package is upgraded 1.3.7e->1.3.7f.
7. ipset package is upgraded 7.15->7.16.
8. dbus package is upgraded 1.13.22->1.14.4.
9. sysstat package is upgraded 12.6.0->12.7.1.
10. logrotate package is upgraded 3.20.1->3.21.0.
11. nano package is upgraded 6.4->7.1.
12. libusb-compat package is upgraded 0.1.7->0.1.8.
13. ffmpeg (minidlna) package is upgraded 4.3.5->5.1.2.
14. sqlite (minidlna) package is upgraded 3370000->3400000.
15. ssmtp: cosmetic changes.
16. popt: add patch to fix compilation issue (new 'gettext' version).
17. Host tools: upgrade xz to 5.2.10.
18. Host tools: upgrade sed to 4.9.
19. Host tools: upgrade mpfr to 4.1.1.
20. Host tools: upgrade UPX to 4.0.1.

The link is:

https://www.voxel-firmware.com (thanks to vladlenas for his help with hosting).

Merry Xmas,
Voxel.

Dirty update from v1.0.2.98SF to v1.0.2.99SF via an Ethernet connection with Firefox on Windows 10.

Smooth update with version number, progress bars, and etc. as expected. Did not have to log back into the router after the update. So far so good. :)

@Voxel Thank you!

Thanks!

A question, can I just update to this one from within the GUI (I think it's called dirty update) ?
Should I perform factory reset after the update ?
How's the (clean update) be performed ?

I have Kamoj add-on, Voxel V1.0.2.98SF

Thanks!

A question, can I just update to this one from within the GUI (I think it's called dirty update) ?
Should I perform factory reset after the update ?
How's the (clean update) be performed ?

I have Kamoj add-on, Voxel V1.0.2.98SF

A "dirty" update is when you update the firmware and DO NOT perform a firmware default reset afterwards.

A "clean" update is when you update the firmware and DO perform a firmware default reset and configuration afterwards.

A firmware update is usually performed from within the graphical user interface (GUI).

The decision to go from a dirty update to a clean update is based on whether or not your router works fine after the firmware update. If you router does not work as expected after a firmware update, a reasonable course of action is to perform a firmware default reset and configure your router from scratch. It is also possible to import a saved configuration file after a firmware default reset. That action runs the risk of importing problems that were in place when the saved configuration was created or of importing a configuration that is not compatible with the current updated firmware.

A "dirty" update is when you update the firmware and DO NOT perform a firmware default reset afterwards.

A "clean" update is when you update the firmware and DO perform a firmware default reset and configuration afterwards.

A firmware update is usually performed from within the graphical user interface (GUI).

The decision to go from a dirty update to a clean update is based on whether or not your router works fine after the firmware update. If you router does not work as expected after a firmware update, a reasonable course of action is to perform a firmware default reset and configure your router from scratch. It is also possible to import a saved configuration file after a firmware default reset. That action runs the risk of importing problems that were in place when the saved configuration was created or of importing a configuration that is not compatible with the current updated firmware.

Then I already did the CLEAN update, reinstalled kamoj addon, reconfigured the router.

Everything is smooth and nice

Thanks

Took a chance and dirty flashed R7800 from stock (V1.0.2.90) to Voxel (V1.0.2.99SF) and it seems to work fine. Will check how it goes for a day or two and if there are issues, will configure from scratch as it's a pain.

Hi. I'm new to this, I'll win something using voxel firmware and another question, and I realized that online games work better for me without QOS, why? . StreamBoost? or a hidden netgear setup?

-Netgear R7800

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!