What's new

CUSTOM/FORK RMERLIN FIRMWARE

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
so... what's the point of clicking the "restore factory default settings" in the GUI after clearing nvram?

There isn't any, it's the same thing AIUI.

so... what's the point of clicking the "restore factory default settings" in the GUI after clearing nvram?

Clearing NVRAM is to remove your setting you have entered manually.
"restore factory default settings" is restore settings from manufacture config defaullt.

I've already dl the firmware before the links were down:p
from what I understand hggomes hasnt released the source code yet..

I've already dl the firmware before the links were down:p
from what I understand hggomes hasnt released the source code yet..

That is correct i wish he would just upload the code there are a lot of people that would like to try this firmware.

I don't think he can really make a botnet with the 20 ppl that might use this firmware.. maybe he used someone elses code but again I don't see why he hides it since he isn't selling anything.

Last edited:
I will try analise:)
RT-AC68U_3.0.0.4_378.50_HGG-V2.trx in a couple of days or week,
found by a friend of me named g00gl3

Like people used to say: "Google is your friend" :)

NOTE: Make sure there's no hidden botnets on those after analising the entire code, good luck :)

Oh noh ! I don't want to be a "zombie" ! Athought I like zombie movies/series/games :D

many thanks to hggomes (Hugo Gomes)

CURRENT VERSION:
============

*3.0.0.4_376.49_HGG-FINAL* (STABLE) - CHANGELOG
*3.0.0.4_378.50_HGG-ALPHA4* (ALPHA) - CHANGELOG
*Use this ALPHA version only for testing purposes*

Updated Packages:

bonnie coreutils curl cyassl diskdev_cmds dnsmasq dosfstools e2fsprogs ebtables ecmh flac flex gdb GeoIP iperf ipset iputils libexif libogg libpcap libupnp libvorbis libxml2 lighttpd (CVEs only) lsof lzo matrixssl mDNSResponder neon net-snmp netstat-nat ntfs-3g openlldp openpam openssl pcre pppoe-server pptp-client pptpd radvd sdparm sqlite strace tcpdump udhcpd udpxy vlan vsftpd (fix syslog warning msgs) wget wireless_tools xl2tpd xzutils zebra zlib

*unlocked* means you don't need to edit/flash CFE to have all channels and power levels available on the routers, these FW by itself allows you to.

RT-N18U:
======

FIRMWARE 376.49 (STABLE)
SHA256 CHECKSUM 376.49
FIRMWARE 378.50 (ALPHA)
SHA256 CHECKSUM 378.50
NVRAM SETTINGS

I bought an ASUS RT-N18U Wi-Fi router last month. Although it works well with stock firmware, I wish I could toggle Wi-Fi radio by using WPS button.

In order to assign WPS button a new feature of toggling Wi-Fi radio, my first plan was modifying ASUS GPL firmware source code and compiling it. Before modifying ASUS GPL source code, I tried to compile it and failed because I had no idea. Then, my second plan, Googling third party firmware with such feature, was activated. I found RMerlin's firmware has such feature but RT-N18U is not supported. Because RMerlin does not plan to support RT-N18U for some reason, I Google again and found hggomes' fork. Wow! RT-N18U is included in its support list. Since hggomes' firmware is a fork of RMerlin's one, hggomes' firmware is supposed to have the feature of toggling W-Fi radio by using WPS button.

I would like to express my appreciation to hggomes (Hugo Gomes) for his work on the firmware. In addition, I hope hggomes has more free time so that I will benefit from his firmware sooner.

A few questions...

First, I have a Asus rt-n66u router. So for I haved flashed Merlin firmware 376.49_4 followed all steps after flash. Everything is runnin fine and using telnet (nvram get wl_txpower) answer 100, I dont know if thats 100 % or 100 mw. Using inssider shows no change in output. Now my question do I need to telnet into firmware using putty (nvran set wl_txpower=200) to increase tx power. Just being careful dont want to ruin my new router.

Thank you for any help...

100% = 80mW so you can set it up to 200% or 300% nothing will change it will be always 80mW.

100% = 80mW so you can set it up to 200% or 300% nothing will change it will be always 80mW.

Thanks for help, but I throught this firmware (your fork) TXpower could be set higher that stock setting. I must be missing something. Could you explain where Im going wrong...

Thanks
Sam

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!