What's new

CUSTOM/FORK RMERLIN FIRMWARE

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for your answers :)

When DMZ is turned ON you dont need to port forward anything more, that's what's DMZ is for. Do you really know what you are doing??!

DMZ will make all running services on that machine accessible from the outside, do you really need it? Why not turn off DMZ and forward only the ports you need manually? Why not change the http port on the router to a different one and run the http server port 80 on the NAS?

That's the reason for your issue, don't use DMZ and forward rules together on the same device/IP, you must use one or other.

Last edited:
!??!??!?!?

The problem is not on the router or FW, but on your configuration, you should read more about networking configurations so you can understand that you can't have it running that way.

Now you understand why i asked you to tell me the exact steps you've made? :rolleyes:

Last edited:
I am silly :( , DMZ and port forwarding on the same IP is a stupidity

I deleted the redirect. :rolleyes:

The loopback works correctly :eek:

Appreciate if anyone can link me up with 3.0.0.4_378.50.5_HGG-FINAL firmware for RT-N66U and RT-AC87U.

Thanks

Hi, Im new here and I hope, you can help me.
I have the RT-N66U and the latest merlin FW 378.50.0
All is ok for me, but the max output power i can get is 100mw
What I have to do for increasing this value?? or I need another FW??

regards from Germany and Sorry for bad language, Jens

This firmware goes up to 316mv I belive and all the channels unlocked

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

That 100 in gui means 100%, NOT 100mW

Theres a changelog file in the first post, PLEASE READ IT.

All those question answers are in it.

Cheers

Hello,

Please, could someone send me links for 3.0.0.4_378.50.5_HGG-FINAL for AC56U and AC68U?

Thanks.

same request than xilitol. Could someone please PM the links to 3.0.0.4_378.50.5_HGG-FINAL for AC56U and AC68U?

Thanks in advance

new .5

this is great the new .5 final for the 68u is awsome... now all the channels are unlocked THX for this great update!!!!

Theres a changelog file in the first post, PLEASE READ IT.

All those question answers are in it.

Cheers

I just noticed that the latest final is .5 and I have .3 installed on my RT-N66U.

Could I also have the latest download link too please?

Not trying to start another flamewar in this thread, but I think someone should (once again) question the legitimacy and motives of this firmware...

If hggomes "doesn't have the time" to upload sources to GitHub, but has the time to continue distributing new builds via PMs, I think people should be questioning what the real reason would be for a lack of time available to release the source.

Remember that your router (for most) is the central point where traffic from any device flows through - you should consider the possibility of this firmware sniffing sensitive information (email/password combinations, credit card details, online bank login details) and phoning it home somewhere, or leveraging your connection for illegal purposes (participating in Distributed Denial of Service attacks, for example).

Also consider that forks of the original Asus firmware such as RMerlin's and forks of that firmware such as john9527 and AndreyPopov's forks provide a level of trust and transparency by uploading the source code along with the binary firmware files (not to mention fulfilling the requirement to do so as set by the license agreement). They offer the advantage of opening themselves up to audit if there is suspicion surrounding the motives of the fork.

If you read back through this thread you'll find instances where myself and others have called on hggomes to provide sources and he has in multiple instances promised release of the source code with timelines that were repeatedly missed, and still to this day hggomes has not made good on the promises he made months ago.

I would suggest to anyone asking for PMs for download links to keep this in mind and consider alternative firmwares which do have sources available:

Once again, I also call to hggomes to provide sources in compliance with the GPL license and to provide the transparency and trust deserved to those using your fork of Asuswrt-Merlin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!