What's new

CUSTOM/FORK RMERLIN FIRMWARE

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
sorry to jump in

But I believe is enough. You guys make your point which is a valid one, but enough is enough, all people in this forum already know the risk and impact of using it because you guys spent already half of this forum bit.. and blaming at him and his code, and as you can see NOBODY is paying attention because people still using it

Please shut up and let people do what they want to do via PM, HHGOMES already said "PLEASE DONT USE THIS FW IF YOU DON'T TRUST IT, UNTIL SOURCE CODE IS RELEASED" but people still using and asking him for the code via PM so what is next are you guys planing to bit.. and blame all us who are using his code ..

please stop it does not help you guys are not adding any value to this particular situation when the code is ready he will release it in the mean time I strongly suggest you guys to relax and take some time off

tks god we have a free country....

OK your turn you can start bit.. again

btw I forgot ... looks like you guys are expert on security and that is why you are protecting all of us "THANKS A LOT" now do you have a certification that the codes from John and Andrew are 10000% safe ?? (John and Andrew I have nothing against you) can you post the links please? as a new member I am very very interested to read them.. I hope your intention is really to keep us safe and not just see the Fuc... source code Release.... and uploaded

sorry but I have one more question before you bought and ASUS or any other router brand did you guys made their life miserable because the source code was not release as well as the upgrades???

Last edited:
You guys make your point which is a valid one, but enough is enough, all people in this forum already know the risk and impact of using it because you guys spent already half of this forum bit.. and blaming at him and his code, and as you can see NOBODY is paying attention because people still using it

I don't believe there's any harm in reiterating the facts - when hggomes has been asked to provide the source, he has continued to lie and make excuses for not uploading it. Whether or not that is of concern to anyone is not my judgment call to make - but people (especially who have not bothered to read through the entire thread) should be aware of the circumstances in which this firmware is developed and provided and I think they should be able to make an informed decision about whether they would like to risk their personal information by flashing this firmware.

Please shut up and let people do what they want to do via PM, HHGOMES already said "PLEASE DONT USE THIS FW IF YOU DON'T TRUST IT, UNTIL SOURCE CODE IS RELEASED" but people still using and asking him for the code via PM so what is next are you guys planing to bit.. and blame all us who are using his code ..

Which is exactly the problem - hggomes has made a promise to release the source code and has not months after the initial release. Again, I am simply stating the facts surrounding this firmware so people can make informed decisions with regards to their personal networks.

please stop it does not help you guys are not adding any value to this particular situation when the code is ready he will release it in the mean time I strongly suggest you guys to relax and take some time off

I think there is lots of value being added here - I do not wish for anyone on this forum or anyone who uses this firmware to be subjected to identity theft or sustain financial losses as a direct result of the use of this firmware. This is not to imply that the firmware is in fact malicious but that the circumstances surrounding development and the lies that hggomes has told repeatedly in this forum thread strongly suggest that there may be something hggomes would like to hide by not releasing the source code as he is required to by the license agreement.

OK your turn you can start bit.. again

I really do not appreciate the snarky comments exhibited throughout your post. Network security is a very serious issue and continues to grow as hackers on both the white and black hat sides gain experience and knowledge. I do believe that we should hold software to a standard that ensures anyone who uses the Internet should do so in a safe and secure manner. The fact that hggomes is refusing to comply with the terms of the license agreement - going so far as to distribute firmware via PMs to circumvent his own words of withdrawing binaries until the sources can be released alongside them - should raise major red flags for anyone who is considering using it.

btw I forgot ... looks like you guys are expert on security and that is why you are protecting all of us "THANKS A LOT" now do you have a certification that the codes from John and Andrew are 10000% safe ?? (John and Andrew I have nothing against you) can you post the links please? as a new member I am very very interested to read them.. I hope your intention is really to keep us safe and not just see the Fuc... source code Release.... and uploaded

The fact that John and Andrew have both provided the corresponding source code with their binary files is a strong push towards transparency and trust. I never guaranteed that they were 100% safe to use - I don't think there's anyone who could make such a guarantee without performing a complete and thorough security audit - but the fact that they have willingly shared the code and maintain it demonstrates that they have nothing to hide. You cannot make (or stand by) a claim that hggomes' firmware is nearly as safe as theirs is simply because he is refusing to give you the method to verify it. With RMerlin's, John's and Andrew's work, I could.

sorry but I have one more question before you bought and ASUS or any other router brand did you guys made their life miserable because the source code was not release as well as the upgrades???

The intention of these posts is not to make anyone's lives miserable, but to make sure that the people asking for the firmware are aware of the security risks involved by doing so.

Consider that it would take a matter of minutes to upload the source code to GitHub, like RMerlin and John and Andrew have. Why would hggomes spend so much time defending his refusal to upload the source code and distributing builds via PMs instead of taking the 5 minutes to start the upload process?

I knew it .....this is really amazing, honestly I refuse to read your replay I already read 17 of your post in this thread and I am sick

ok keep bitc...and cry all you want, looks like this is the only thing you know how to do it very very well. the good thing is you are not going to stop people to do what they want

A suggestion for the Bitc.. Boys instead of do Public Bit..ing. why don't you send a PM to HHGomes and make your point in private and don't bother over and over and over again ( one or two times ok more than that make people sick and the community is not interested in your personal war)

also I strongly suggest that in one of the emails to him ask for his latest version because is really great ;)

RMerlin I have a humble suggestion close this threat to stop this nonsense war, is not helping anybody. People know already how to contact HHGOMES to make contributions to make the code better until he is ready to release it

san

I knew it .....this is really amazing, honestly I refuse to read your replay I already read 17 of your post in this thread and I am sick

I don't think I've made 17 posts in this thread.

ok keep bitc...and cry all you want, looks like this is the only thing you know how to do it very very well. the good thing is you are not going to stop people to do what they want

As I've said before, anyone is free to do as they want - I would rather that they are informed however.

A suggestion for the Bitc.. Boys instead of do Public Bit..ing. why don't you send a PM to HHGomes and make your point in private and don't bother over and over and over again ( one or two times ok more than that make people sick and the community is not interested in your personal war)

I think this should be an open discussion for all to see, considering its relevance to security to anyone who chooses to install the firmware.

also I strongly suggest that in one of the emails to him ask for his latest version because is really great ;)

You have an awfully vested interest in hggomes and this firmware for someone who just created their account a few hours ago.

RMerlin I have a humble suggestion close this threat to stop this nonsense war, is not helping anybody. People know already how to contact HHGOMES to make contributions to make the code better until he is ready to release it

I'm not sure how you expect anyone to contribute when there is no code to contribute to...

At any rate, I suspect that you are hggomes trying to defend yourself and your shady practices under the guise of a newly registered account. I couldn't see anyone else taking the time to register an account just to flame me and try to discredit what you yourself even admitted to be valid claims. I also find it very interesting that when I first checked this thread, your account (san) was online and hggomes' was not, and after making this post your account (san) has gone offline and hggomes' has come online according to the forum. A very odd coincidence, wouldn't you agree?

Unfortunatelly the source code is still not ready got_milk, that's why the FW was not public released and not available yet.

I asked several times before long time ago to close this thread (http://forums.smallnetbuilder.com/showthread.php?t=21489&page=6#59), including to RMerlin, to avoid people like you being all the time repeating similar to a parrot, even now when FW links aren't available anymore.

That makes me think that your problem is not really the GPL, but maybe other...

So once again:

PLEASE CLOSE THE THREAD!

PS: About your SAN theory of being me i must say you have a big imagination, but i guess is understandable...

Last edited:
Considering that hggomes is smart and resourceful I have no doubt that if he wanted to infect a bunch of devices he could think up a much more efficient and covert method than this.

That being said, who really knows? A slight bit of paranoia is advisable when surfing the internet.

I also find it very interesting that when I first checked this thread, your account (san) was online and hggomes' was not, and after making this post your account (san) has gone offline and hggomes' has come online according to the forum. A very odd coincidence, wouldn't you agree?

Ok this is getting interesting and of course above and beyond imagination ... anyway I think you have a valid point ..how a single Person can Manage to have two different accounts and both are online at the same time like now.... and of course you want us to upload the source code on how to do that on this site http://whatajoke.com/zorro/

well I am sorry is not ready.. it requires two guys , sitting in two different countries as you can see a lot of manual intervention but don't worry it will be embedded in HHGOMES' latest version

zorro

Last edited:
Ok this is getting interesting and of course above and beyond imagination ... anyway I think you have a valid point ..how a single Person can Manage to have two different accounts and both are online at the same time like now.... and of course you want us to upload the source code on how to do that on this site http://whatajoke.com/zorro/

well I am sorry is not ready.. it requires two guys , sitting in two different countries as you can see a lot of manual intervention but don't worry it will be embedded in HHGOMES' latest version

zorro

If you are not an alternate account of hggomes' then I do apologize - I did however (and still do find it very odd) that the online statuses of hggomes and yours were very much opposites of one another, with your account being created specifically (seemingly) to respond to me.

I would really like to know how the code still "is not ready" after two months...there have been numerous promises made to release the source code and they have all turned out to be lies. The fact of the matter is that there is no reason for the source code not to be released.

It does not matter if it does not compile.
It does not matter if it's "messy".
It does matter that hggomes is in violation of the license he agreed to when starting this project, which specifically directs him in no uncertain terms to provide the source code either with the binary releases or upon written request (which I have made, several times, with direct refusals from hggomes).

You do imply that there is at least one other working on this project - that would strongly indicate there is some sort of version control being used - therefore it's even easier to upload the source code. I'm not asking for much - a simple GitHub link will suffice. I can help with that:

1. Log into hggomes' GitHub account
  2. Follow the link to create a new repository
  3. Move into the project directory using a terminal: cd ~/path/to/the/project/
  4. Set the upstream location to the new GitHub repository: git remote add origin https://github.com/hggomes/repo.git
  5. Push the code: git push origin master

Not very difficult at all. I think an explanation (which is much more detailed than "it's not ready") is in order as to why, after 2 months, the source code is still not available, taking into consideration the ease I just demonstrated in how easy it is to make the source available.

@got_milk

BE QUIET! Everybody knows risks, and if someone (like you) is too scared to try, don't spoil the "living on the edge" feeling from others whining so much that no one can't try this!

I mean, if you don't like it, don't use it, but don't try to force all the people to be like you! Remainds me about Jehovas...

Ok, that's enough. I tried putting a temporary lock hoping that things would settle, but a few weeks later I see we're back to the same point. Locking this for good this time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!