What's new

D-Link Adds New AC2600 MU-MIMO Router To EXO Line-Up

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Julio Urquidi

News Editor
dlink-dir882.jpg
Powered by a dual-core processor, the new AC2600 EXO series router (aka DIR-882) has a maximum link rate of 800 Mbps at 2.4 GHz and 1733 Mbps at 5 GHz, and 4x4 data streams. The DIR-882 is a MU-MIMO device that also features SmartBeam functionality, QoS, DLNA compatibility, and 80/160 MHz support.
dlink-dir882-back.jpg
Aside from its four wireless antennas, physical interfaces on the DIR-882 include four GbE LAN ports, one GbE LAN ports, and USB 3.0 and 2.0 ports for adding network accessible storage or printing.

D-Link’s AC2600 EXO MU-MIMO Wi-Fi router is available in stores and online now with a price of $149.99.

It matches the Netgear X4S and Synolgy AC2600 for much cheaper. Might be an option for budget buyers. But their lack of firmware support may cost them.

Pretty decent pricing especially if people are going to use third party firmware. Hopefully it performs like the R7800 and Synology.

It matches the Netgear X4S and Synolgy AC2600 for much cheaper. Might be an option for budget buyers. But their lack of firmware support may cost them.
I don't think they can be any worse than Linksys. Bought Linksys EA9500 2 months back and 0 firmwre updates since May

I don't think they can be any worse than Linksys. Bought Linksys EA9500 2 months back and 0 firmwre updates since May

2 months isn't bad. I seen D-Link go 5 to 8 years without a firmware update for their N routers. You should of waited on that EA9500 as the V2 will be out this month with 1GB RAM and 1.8 GHz processor.

It maybe matches the numbers on the box, but it is complete trash with mediatek soc.

Maybe on there older routers and towards the end of life, however D-Link seems to keep a 6-9 month release gap during first couple of years of router release. Also depends on problems found with users as well.

I found that Linksys is the worst on FW development and releases and eventually just gives up on leaving bugs in there FW. I got a WRT1900ACv1 and Linksys left it in the dust. Thank god for OpenWRT. o_O

2 months isn't bad. I seen D-Link go 5 to 8 years without a firmware update for their N routers. You should of waited on that EA9500 as the V2 will be out this month with 1GB RAM and 1.8 GHz processor.

Maybe on there older routers and towards the end of life, however D-Link seems to keep a 6-9 month release gap during first couple of years of router release. Also depends on problems found with users as well.

I found that Linksys is the worst on FW development and releases and eventually just gives up on leaving bugs in there FW. I got a WRT1900ACv1 and Linksys left it in the dust. Thank god for OpenWRT. o_O

1900AC V1 just got a firmware update 25 July 2017.

Wow, a full two years later. LOL. :rolleyes:

D-Link is not this bad. Sheesh.

Last edited:

Well it took years before Openwrt was usable. The whole WRT series is just scam.

Powered by a dual-core processor, the new AC2600 EXO series router (aka DIR-882) has a maximum link rate of 800 Mbps at 2.4 GHz and 1733 Mbps at 5 GHz, and 4x4 data streams. The DIR-882 is a MU-MIMO device that also features SmartBeam functionality, QoS, DLNA compatibility, and 80/160 MHz support.
Aside from its four wireless antennas, physical interfaces on the DIR-882 include four GbE LAN ports, one GbE LAN ports, and USB 3.0 and 2.0 ports for adding network accessible storage or printing.

D-Link’s AC2600 EXO MU-MIMO Wi-Fi router is available in stores and online now with a price of $149.99.

Please review this one Tim. Thanks in advance

Ya I helped do some testing for Linksys on there ACS version. Ya, the entire project was a roller coaster ride. I got one from a forum users in Canada. The router worked ok but just didn't perform like they wanted it to. Marvell drivers were to blame and getting GPL code out the GPL community was a nightmare. Ya, shame Linksys couldn't do it right. I liked the HW and look and feel of it. Just not worth it anymore. So many defects left behind. They really underscored the meaning behind "end user beta tester"!

Glad that OpenWRT and LEDE projects were able to get builds going. Mine ended up at my friends house working as a wired AP for them using OpenWRT now.

Well it took years before Openwrt was usable. The whole WRT series is just scam.

I don't have a crystal ball, never knew there were versions of the same model. I had this crap! You buy the latest and greatest, then within 2 months, they release a refresh, now if I try to sell it I would take a deep hit because of this :rolleyes:

I don't have a crystal ball, never knew there were versions of the same model. I had this crap! You buy the latest and greatest, then within 2 months, they release a refresh, now if I try to sell it I would take a deep hit because of this :rolleyes:

I hear you man. Same with the AC88U. Came with a chip Broadcom 4366 that doesn't support MU-MIMO. Now on their V2 the new chip Broadcom 4366E now supports MU-MIMO but not very well. I just got rid of my 88U as it is no better than an AC2600 router. My Netgear X4S and Orbi system is doing just fine until the next batch of routers launch. This time I'm waiting on Tim's review of all future routers before purchase.

Its a connection rate between the router and a connected wireless device. So the router supports UP too 800Mb on 2.4Ghz if your connecting device supports the same rate of 800Mb. May not be a whole lot of devices as of yet. Some routers have wireless bridge mode, and supported same rate, you would see between these two devices.

Can someone educate me how this "a maximum link rate of 800 Mbps at 2.4 GHz" comes from? Thanks.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!