What's new

Day light savings, 68U USB WAN lost connection

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

mxyz

Occasional Visitor
I've got 8 AC68Us. 2 of them use Android USB tethering as their WAN. Both USB tethered routers went offline 3am Sunday. One Verizon, the other T-Mobile, Merlin 386.7_2. They stayed offline til they were manually rebooted.

So be theres something wonky with USB WAN and daylight savings. I switched them both to GMT.

I've got 8 AC68Us. 2 of them use Android USB tethering as their WAN. Both USB tethered routers went offline 3am Sunday. One Verizon, the other T-Mobile, Merlin 386.7_2. They stayed offline til they were manually rebooted.

So be theres something wonky with USB WAN and daylight savings. I switched them both to GMT.

May have to switch the phones to GMT also, or just disable DST on everything. Something got out of synch when it all switched. Doubt it is worth the effort to try and troubleshoot beyond that, it is a somewhat rare setup.

If you're in the UK your router's time settings may be wrong.
Screenshot_2023-03-14-06-56-16-94_3aea4af51f236e4932235fdada7d1643.jpg

One thing to note is that when Asus updates the TZ tables, it does not automatically update on your router. You might need to reapply the TZ settings to apply any revised start/end dates.

One thing to note is that when Asus updates the TZ tables, it does not automatically update on your router. You might need to reapply the TZ settings to apply any revised start/end dates.
But if I use a zone with no DST changing, it doesn't matter? GMT might be the wrong zone, but as long as the router sets itself to that time correctly it doesn't care where it is, time critical things like vpn keys continue to work. On computers, epoch time should be correct, displayed local time is just that time translated for the user.
I had various levels of logging turned on among the routers, but seems the others lost their connection for seconds, without that switch I think they wouldn't have dropped it at all. I should switch them all to GMT.
Attaching the relevant logs in case you care for debugging.

Attachments

• AC68U.DST.logs.2.txt
    2.3 KB · Views: 22
Last edited: