What's new

Daylight savings.

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

DST had its merits... 100 years ago. Today, not so much. Time to go.

If you are waiting here in Ontario for a change its been talked about for over 3 decades fact in late 70's was mentioned so dont hold your breath ..you'll turn blue

Yeah, I don't have much faith in this change happening anytime soon. Complete darkness at 5:30pm yesterday was annoying as hell to be honest.

I honestly hope entire world will finally come to the common sense and stop jerking clocks back and forth twice per year.
This is relic from 19th century when most people worked in factories and working day begun early, thus need to make "morning brighter".
There are no tangible benefits of doing this anymore.
Yes, sun now rises at 7:30am but it gets dark short after 4pm. Latvia, GMT+2

We are creating clocks out of sync conditions every year. Different countries change DST time in different weeks/days/hours. I don't know how is this helping businesses online. Here in Ontario we may have clocks sync with Quebec and New York - the trade, the stock exchange... what about Europe, Asia? We never trade with those guys or what? I do and I always have to calculate what's the time there when DST change is near. Not happy about it.

I'm also in Ontario and I want this thing gone.
It was actually approved in Ontario a few years back. But, it won't be implemented until neighbouring regions such as NY state adopt it.