What's new

DDNS and DNSOMATIC Not Working

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

willm

New Around Here
Router: RT-AC86U firmware 384.19
Running amtm diversion spdmerlin ntpmerlin and X3mrouting

Recently I have been getting an error on my DDNS connection to DNSOMATIC. When I say "recently" I noticed it for the first time a few weeks ago, but I can't say for sure when it started. I also don't use my DDNS very often while I work from home. So it isn't too inconvenient for the time being.

exclamation mark.JPG

I see "Request error! Please try again." on the DDNS page.

DDNS Page.JPG

Trying to debug it I have checked my dnsomatic username and password on the dnsomatic website and there is a message that dnsomatic now uses the opendns servers for authentication. DNSOMATIC notification

My username and password is the same for both opendns and dnsomatic, so that does not seem to be the problem. There is also a notice about usernames not being accepted for login, only email addresses, so I have tried that - also to no effect.

My syslog has the following each time I hit the apply button:

Feb 20 10:38:11 rc_service: httpd 1288:notify_rc restart_ddns_le
Feb 20 10:38:11 custom_script: Running /jffs/scripts/service-event (args: restart ddns_le)
Feb 20 10:38:11 start_ddns: update WWW.DNSOMATIC.COM default@dnsomatic.com, wan_unit 0
Feb 20 10:38:11 custom_script: Running /jffs/scripts/service-event-end (args: restart ddns_le)
Feb 20 10:38:11 inadyn[1077]: PID file /var/run/inadyn.pid already exists, inadyn already running?

I haven't seen any threads that involve inadyn already running, so I now look to the community to give me a few suggestions.

Thanks in advance

I had a similar issue. Tried installing 386.1 386.2 alpha, resets,etc. Only thing that worked was changing my DNS from Cloudflare to Quad9. I have DoT setup and was using Cloudflare for the DNS-over-TLS Servers. When I changed these to Quad9, DNSOMATIC worked. So, check your WAN/Internect Connection tab and see who you have setup for DNS. Try changing provider and see it that matters.

Thanks for your ideas.

JohnD5000, I'm not using DoT so it may be a different issue, and I am using opendns for my dns servers.

I will try switching dns servers temporarily and, if necessary, updating to 386.1_2 at the weekend. I am still interested in hearing from anyone else who may have experienced similar issues.

Dear all, today I simply gave up on my longish runtime and rebooted my router. I'm embarrassed to report that it cleared the problem.

Hi, I’m L&LD and I’m an RR'r. The last time was 3 minutes ago.

Router Rebooter. :p :D :)