What's new

DDNS problem RT-AX88U - public/private IP

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

mobileineurope

Occasional Visitor
I get the massage “The wireless router currently uses a private WAN IP address” - I do understand that I would get this if I used double-NAT etc., but the problem is that I don’t?
I get a perfectly fine public IP from my ISP in the range 100.109.x.x, which I assume should be fine. Nevertheless, under WAN->DDNS under server certificate it shows me that my certificate is issued to “192.168.1.5” which is the local IP of my router?. Iplookup on my ddns-name shows correct public IP - so from that side everything looks fine.
I’m on Merlin 384.19. I recently changed ISP and I’m unsure if this has been working ever since that. I discovered this just now when my VPN connection from outside to the router failed to work. I run directly through a fiber modem - I run internet through vlan 13 , manual setup on LAN- IPTV.
Why do I get a message about private IP when it clearly is public?

I get a perfectly fine public IP from my ISP in the range 100.109.x.x,
That is CGNAT ip-number then you cant reach your VPN-Server from wan-side. Check if ISP can provide a real public ip-number.

Last edited: