Deauthenticated because sending station is leaving - AC68U

• ATTENTION! As of November 1, 2020, you are not able to reply to threads 6 months after the thread is opened if there are more than 500 posts in the thread.
    Threads will not be locked, so posts may still be edited by their authors.
    Just start a new thread on the topic to post if you get an error message when trying to reply to a thread.

Eric Lieb

Regular Contributor
I was having issues with my setup (AC86U router and AC68U mesh node) and 384.15.. I flashed back down to 384.14_2 and most of my issues went away. Have you tried flashing back down?

Draken

Occasional Visitor
I was having issues with my setup (AC86U router and AC68U mesh node) and 384.15.. I flashed back down to 384.14_2 and most of my issues went away. Have you tried flashing back down?

Yeah I read it the other day on the "normal" ASUSWRT forum and I flashed it a few days ago. Didn't really had time to test it but the past 4-5h it seems much more stable so fingers crossed it seems to be ASUS' bug more than anything. Will keep you posted.

Btw I flashed 384.13 as someone recommended.

Update after ~12h of usage: No disconnection yet. At least it is safe to exclude hardware failure on any of the two routers. It looks rather a software issue rather than a hardware one.

Update after 2 days of usage: Only one suspected disconnection so overall pretty happy with the stability. It would be good to check what Asus changed between .12 or .13 to .15 as whatever they did they might want to revert back.

Last edited:

Draken

Occasional Visitor
I think it is safe to say that .13 either completely solved the issue or improved it in such a degree that the setup is usable again.

So in a nutshell: You have deauthentication issues? Downgrade to .13 or lower.

Many thanks all for the help and hopefully Asus will do sth about it in the near future.

L&LD

Part of the Furniture
With so many more users not having this issue on later firmware, downgrading is not the only option. :)

See the link in my signature below for the M&M Config and the Nuclear Reset guides to get your router and network to a good/known state if/after having issues with the latest firmware. :)

ciss

New Around Here
I have the same problem starting with. 14
And somehow there was no blinking update info, so I checked and the latest was. 18.
Flashed it and every morning my 5ghz wifi is down, showing as working in the router, but only 2.4 usable.

I think these problems came with. 14 and continued with. 18.

I will downgrade to. 13

Thabk you for your input.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!