What's new

Deauthenticated because sending station is leaving - AC68U

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I was having issues with my setup (AC86U router and AC68U mesh node) and 384.15.. I flashed back down to 384.14_2 and most of my issues went away. Have you tried flashing back down?

I was having issues with my setup (AC86U router and AC68U mesh node) and 384.15.. I flashed back down to 384.14_2 and most of my issues went away. Have you tried flashing back down?

Yeah I read it the other day on the "normal" ASUSWRT forum and I flashed it a few days ago. Didn't really had time to test it but the past 4-5h it seems much more stable so fingers crossed it seems to be ASUS' bug more than anything. Will keep you posted.

Btw I flashed 384.13 as someone recommended.

Update after ~12h of usage: No disconnection yet. At least it is safe to exclude hardware failure on any of the two routers. It looks rather a software issue rather than a hardware one.

Update after 2 days of usage: Only one suspected disconnection so overall pretty happy with the stability. It would be good to check what Asus changed between .12 or .13 to .15 as whatever they did they might want to revert back.

Last edited:
I think it is safe to say that .13 either completely solved the issue or improved it in such a degree that the setup is usable again.

So in a nutshell: You have deauthentication issues? Downgrade to .13 or lower.

Many thanks all for the help and hopefully Asus will do sth about it in the near future.

With so many more users not having this issue on later firmware, downgrading is not the only option. :)

See the link in my signature below for the M&M Config and the Nuclear Reset guides to get your router and network to a good/known state if/after having issues with the latest firmware. :)

I have the same problem starting with. 14
And somehow there was no blinking update info, so I checked and the latest was. 18.
Flashed it and every morning my 5ghz wifi is down, showing as working in the router, but only 2.4 usable.

I think these problems came with. 14 and continued with. 18.

I will downgrade to. 13

Thabk you for your input.

During online meetings My MacBook Pro regularly drops the connection, but immediately reconnects again.

When this happens I see this in the log (with <MAC-ADDRESS> being the MAC address of that laptop):

Code:
Mar 30 11:43:53 wlceventd: wlceventd_proc_event(491): eth6: Deauth_ind <MAC-ADDRESS>, status: 0, reason: Deauthenticated because sending station is leaving (or has left) IBSS or ESS (3), rssi:0
Mar 30 11:43:55 wlceventd: wlceventd_proc_event(527): eth6: Auth <MAC-ADDRESS>, status: Successful (0), rssi:0
Mar 30 11:43:55 wlceventd: wlceventd_proc_event(556): eth6: Assoc <MAC-ADDRESS>, status: Successful (0), rssi:0
Mar 30 11:43:55 dnsmasq-dhcp[3464]: DHCPREQUEST(br0) 192.168.1.111 <MAC-ADDRESS>
Mar 30 11:43:55 dnsmasq-dhcp[3464]: DHCPACK(br0) 192.168.1.111 <MAC-ADDRESS> <NAME>
Mar 30 11:43:55 dnsmasq-dhcp[3464]: DHCPREQUEST(br0) 192.168.1.111 <MAC-ADDRESS>
Mar 30 11:43:55 dnsmasq-dhcp[3464]: DHCPACK(br0) 192.168.1.111 <MAC-ADDRESS> <NAME>

This is on the 5 GHz band (channel 44, 80 MHz).

It happens with all 386.x builds and several recent 384.x builds.

You would almost say there's a pattern here:
Code:
Mar 30 11:43:53 wlceventd: wlceventd_proc_event(491): eth6: Deauth_ind <MAC-ADDRESS>, status: 0, reason: Deauthenticated because sending station is leaving (or has left) IBSS or ESS (3), rssi:0
Mar 30 13:43:39 wlceventd: wlceventd_proc_event(491): eth6: Deauth_ind <MAC-ADDRESS>, status: 0, reason: Deauthenticated because sending station is leaving (or has left) IBSS or ESS (3), rssi:0
Mar 30 14:43:33 wlceventd: wlceventd_proc_event(491): eth6: Deauth_ind <MAC-ADDRESS>, status: 0, reason: Deauthenticated because sending station is leaving (or has left) IBSS or ESS (3), rssi:0
(the laptop was locked at 12:43 for lunch)

EDIT: guess what happened at 15:43?
Code:
Mar 30 15:43:25 wlceventd: wlceventd_proc_event(491): eth6: Deauth_ind <MAC-ADDRESS>, status: 0, reason: Deauthenticated because sending station is leaving (or has left) IBSS or ESS (3), rssi:0

What can be the reason it happens with an interval of 1 hour?

Last edited:
WPA Key and/or DHCP renegotiation, try setting your DHCP lease time to 86400+ and if you're up for it you can raise the WPA Key time as well.

Last edited:
I run 604800 for DHCP and 86400 for Group Key

Everything is a security risk, you need to weigh the benefit vs risk. Personally Im not too concerned

Set Group Key Rotation Interval to 43200 (12 hours) this morning, but unfortunately that's not helping:

Code:
Mar 31 14:12:00 wlceventd: wlceventd_proc_event(491): eth6: Deauth_ind <MAC-ADDRESS>, status: 0, reason: Deauthenticated because sending station is leaving (or has left) IBSS or ESS (3), rssi:0
Mar 31 15:11:57 wlceventd: wlceventd_proc_event(491): eth6: Deauth_ind <MAC-ADDRESS>, status: 0, reason: Deauthenticated because sending station is leaving (or has left) IBSS or ESS (3), rssi:0

Did you reboot the router, or disconnect reconnect ALL your wireless clients?

This was just an option to try, theres a plethora of reasoning these appear, just look around on SNB theres dozens of posts regarding these debugging messages. I still see frequent messages in the logs but have far less stability issues myself now, I also run WPA2-Enterprise and have changed PTK as well

This was just an option to try, theres a plethora of reasoning these appear, just look around on SNB theres dozens of posts regarding these debugging messages.
I’m fine with messages in the log.

However, these happen exactly at the moment my MacBook disconnects and reconnects.

Even that might not be a big issue, but because of COVID-19 measures I work from home. We pair program via Slack and it’s super annoying to lose the connection every hour.

Hey, did you finally resolve this? in my case its happening with my google hub, disconnects verry often during day, connected to 5gh, with strong signal

thnx for y-update

I don't think I experienced this anymore with the 386.4 builds...

(those might have a new WiFi driver?)

Yes; the alpha/beta/final builds of this one:

Hmm, I don't use IPv6, maybe it's time to enable it.. so still on 3.2 version, because of all issues in .4 release...

Maybe indeed time to update to .5 :)

This is happening to me as well but with only one client (Acer laptop) and it's causing it to loose the internet connection. The thing I don't understand is that the other devices on the 5 GHz band aren't being affected.

RT-AC1900P, Firmware:386.9