What's new

Delay PPTP vpn start

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Hey @john9527 I am also seeing ram creep. It seems every time I load the webui the ram use creeps up by 2 too 3 percent. I'm just baffled at this.

@Martineau do you have any ideas?

PPTP is the legacy Point-to-Point protocol and as such has no concept of modern requirements such as 'Split-tunnelling' nor indeed is concerned about 'DNS leak' prevention etc.

When started, it will expect to be the only protocol in use so will blindly stomp over '/tmp/resolv.conf' with the DNS pushed by its peer.

I have never used 'dnscrypt' so have no idea what it expects to find in '/tmp/resolv.conf', but my script doesn't alter the standard PPTP setup.

NOTE: The only omission that the current published script is guilty of, is in allowing use of the PPTP Client GUI profiles, but I have now modified the script so that a dynamic GUI profile is created to make the delayed start request more user friendly.