What's new

Detailed Guide Or Perhaps Some Insight?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Aletkz

New Around Here
I wish to build a server or network attached storage device.

All the guides I have found searching the net, are old, or very incomplete when it comes to setting it up like the real deal.

It feels like everyone knows about all the NAS software, and must know how to build these things! Now between the Storage companies out there selling products, and tech savy individuals building their own, I've always found it better to build your own. Whether its because you know everything involved while troubleshooting, or the prices tend to be in your favor when your doing all the work.

I've built all my desktops, but when it came to storage, I bought a ReadyNAS NV+. Now its coming to an end, and I'm trying to understand the benefits of building my own instead of just purchasing another ReadyNAS NV+. This dilemma is killing me.

I love the ReadyNAS NV+, but if I could get the same thing with a more expandable future, more power to me!

Could I get some insight, please.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!