What's new

Device list - is it about time?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

apotts

Occasional Visitor
Is it about time this was fixed?

It has been more or less forever, and across router models too. Asus can do it for the app, but why not the router UI?

asus.jpg

Fixed how , what is wrong ?

The image you provide is the Adaptive QOS page, the "device list" is called "CLIENTS" and is found at Network map > Clients .

The image you provide is the Adaptive QOS page, the "device list" is called "CLIENTS" and is found at Network map > Clients .
on the right side of the picture is a device list!

Fixed by populating all of these lists with resolved names, rather than MAC addresses.

asus2.jpg

its like this with double MAC instead of client names since 86U came out.

Sure its time to solve that bug, but they dont want to ..., must really be hard work for them to leave it over a year, like many other minor and major bugs, or their only left single programmer has to do Aimesh first.

Send feedback via GUI, maybe if many enough will do it they have an eye on it, I've done last year, think they litter all my feedbacks in the meantime and never reply.

So is this model specific?

I had no issue on the old 87U I ran and it is fine on my Ac3200.

I look after a lot of different Asus routers for family, friends and neighbours and don't see this happening.

So is this model specific?

I had no issue on the old 87U I ran and it is fine on my Ac3200.

I look after a lot of different Asus routers for family, friends and neighbours and don't see this happening.
YES only seen on 86U, all others are ok afaik.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!