What's new

DHCP issue on a RT-AC88U

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

fredfit

New Around Here
Hello all,
Thank you for welcoming me in this forum.

I recently bought a RT-AC88U router which DHCP range starts at 192.168.1.2 and ends at 192.168.1.254.
I mainly have no issues with the devices that I declared with a static IP but the DHCP sometimes attributes a 192.168.100.x IP address to some dynamic IP devices on my network !
I'm running Asuswrt-Merlin v386.3.2 (latest one).
I'm currently facing this issue with a Synology NAS (that I see with IP 192.168.100.110 using "Advanced IP scanner" tool). Since the access to its configuration can only be done through the network, I cannot give it a static IP address ...

I would really appreciate if someone could help me on this.
Thanks ! (and sorry for my english ;))

Fred/Paris/France

Is your NAS configured as a DHCP server?

Do you have any other routers or servers on your LAN that might be running a DHCP server?

Thank you Colin for your help !
I finally managed to find the root cause of my issue: I had a Wifi repeater (D-Link DIR-505) connected to my LAN. He was probably acting as a second DHCP server and put the mess in the IP addresses distribution.
After having removed it, it seems that the DHCP behaviour of the Asus router is back to normal.
I also succeeded in putting my Syno with a static IP address.
I cross my fingers ;)

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!