What's new

DHCP issue RT-AC5300

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

ComputerSteve

I have an RT-AC5300 I think something is wrong with the DHCP server with it. So I notice when I connect my mac directly to the ethernet ports on the Asus RT-5300 it recieves an IP then in a few seconds it goes to no ip. Also if I connect to the wireless it only works if I enter the ip manually. DHCP never provides an IP. Why is this happening?

Which Firmware are you using?
Did the AC5300 function properly before? If so try to reflash your firmware again. In the past I noticed that a power glitch could cause some instability which was easily solved by reflashing the firmware (and by once and for all adding a UPS to the equation) if your are not on 386.1.2 start using that firmware. Your AC5300 will love it. If this all does not work, start all over again with a clean slate (user L&LD has a nice line up of what to do to properly configure your router from scratch).

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!