What's new

DIR-655 Firmware v. 1.30 removes 802.11B

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Disable B and turning off wireless altogether it doesn't leak anymore. I shouldn't have to see my SSID and DLINK running at the sametime. Now it's just my SSID if I choose that feature. Wireless N has so many issues again this is what we all ended up with for now.

Disable B and turning off wireless altogether it doesn't leak anymore. I shouldn't have to see my SSID and DLINK running at the sametime. Now it's just my SSID if I choose that feature. Wireless N has so many issues again this is what we all ended up with for now.
Huh? This does not make sense.

well D-Link or SmallNetBuilder should setup a poll and ask, do you use 11b devices?

i only have 11n and 11g clients
so i only run in 11ng mode ;)

I own D-Link's DIR-625 router, which I purchased about two months ago. At that time, the "b" was definitely present on the WiFi certification logo shown on the DIR-625's web page. It's not there anymore. However, D-Link 'forgot' to remove the "b" from the data sheet...oops, it's still there!

D-Link has made a bad situation worse. Not only did they not admit their mistake with the DIR-655 firmware upgrade, they made excuses to cover it up.

I only have one B device at home, a Mac Dual G4 desktop with an old Airport PCMCIA card inside.

My DIR-655 has never worked with this card anyway (even when N is disabled, which has helped some people.) I have an old Belkin access point plugged into my 655 to provide access to the Mac.

Version 1.31 has been released that re-adds 802.11b support. I flashed my router last night and all seems to work.