What's new

DIR-655 Very Strange Problem!

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

garyb

New Around Here
Hi All,

I did try searching for this issue on here, and the venerable google and bing engines but have come a bit of a cropper.

I have a Dlink DIR-655 HW A1 Firmware: 1.31EU

I love this router because of the TCPIP flexibility on the forwarding services(being able to forward GRE Protocol 47) etc. etc. But recently it's started to randomly change the port forwarding rules!!

I have a rule: DNS UDP 53 Private 53 Public forwarded to 10.76.40.5 .... all fine, I will realise no email's are coming through, login and check and it's changed the private port to 147 !!!

I have tried resetting to defaults and setting up again (not from a saved file), I've re-flashed the firmware, but I cannot find any solution!

Has anyone had this problem and solved it, or if not, could anyone recommend a router with similar flexibility in the routing control?

Many thanks!

Gary.

I have a rule: DNS UDP 53 Private 53 Public forwarded to 10.76.40.5 .... all fine, I will realise no email's are coming through, login and check and it's changed the private port to 147 !!!

Your problem may exist because of DNS Relay. I would first disable this, and then see if you are still with an issue.

Awesome, I have disabled the DNS Relay and it seems a bit more stable, i'll also try out the uPNP; although uPNP is very useful for some applications (PS3 etc.).

All else fails, I'm going to try out pfSense.

Cheers for the help!

Awesome, I have disabled the DNS Relay and it seems a bit more stable, i'll also try out the uPNP; although uPNP is very useful for some applications (PS3 etc.).

All else fails, I'm going to try out pfSense.

Cheers for the help!

Unless you need the features, pfSense is a big jump. Consider a better appliance such as the Netgear WNDR3700V2 or Apple Airport Extreme.