What's new

DIRECTV Broadband DECA Ethernet to Coax Adapter - Third Generation

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I purchased the following units recently and just tested them today:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Frontier-G...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

It's a bit quirky to configure, but Fyodor covers the things you need to change quite well. The only other thing I did was to turn off upnp in the advanced settings.

There's a screen where you can monitor the connection between moca units in Mbps. I connected the 2 I purchased with a 10 ft cable and then added a coupler and a second cable for a total distance of 15ft and had a solid 630Mbps connection being reported. I used iperf to check the connection and it would transfer just under 500Mbps--a huge jump from anything I've been able to achieve over powerline for around the same price. There's a little more configuration involved, but you also get a built-in 4 port switch and ac access point on each side for the price.

Overall, I'm really happy with the results and can't wait to deploy them. I originally thought these 2.0 bonded, but they're quite fast even non-bonded. Good bang for the buck.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!